4. Sweet Carrot Cake

My first few weeks at work feels like I'm Sonic: running around with rarely any pauses. But by this time now, I've kind of gotten used to things. The first few days were easier than it felt, because now my schedule is packed: 6:30 wake up, be at Mr. Skeppy's house to drive him to work 7:30, start the day at 8am, and until 7 it's hectic running around, finally drive home Mr. Skeppy sometime between 7-8pm. By the time I get home, I feed and walk Lucy, feed myself, and get ready for the next day before falling asleep. It's like I have no time for myself. 

I drive to Mr. Skeppy's home and am greeted by Mrs. Rose. She smiles, "Good morning Bad, come in. Mr. Skeppy spilt some coffee on his suit, so he's changing right now." I nod and lean against the wall as I wait. 

"Would you like some coffee or tea?" she asks. I shake my head, "No I'm fine, thank you Mrs. Rose." She says, "I'll be moving along then." I nod, "See you tomorrow." I go on my phone and start double checking the plans for today before I read it off to Mr. Skeppy back at the office. 

I hear a few clicks against the floor and I look up. There's Mr. Skeppy buttoning up his shirt. He quietly looks at me, "Where is Mrs. Rose?" He quickly finishes buttoning up his shirt and crosses his arms. I responded, "Well...she went to the kitchen I think." 

He walks that way and comes back a few moments later. He grabs his jacket saying, "Let's go." I nod and follow behind him. We get in the car and we drive to the building. 

He gets into his office with me behind and says, "Tell me the schedule." I smile, "Until 10 there are many documents that need to be reviewed and signed by you, at 11 you have lunch, 12 tea time like usual, at 1 there is a press conference about our new project in Austin, Texas which should take a while, at 5 you have dinner which President Soot, at 7 we should be back at the office to sign some papers that will come while your at the press conference, and then you are free for the night." 

He sighs, "I'll just sign the papers during the conference. Get them to send it to your email and we'll take a break during the conference for me to look over and sign." I say, "Yes sir, I'll call them right now and tell them the change." 

He says, "Drop me off to dinner with Mr. Soot and then you're done for the day." I nod, "Alright, thank you sir." 

We go through his day and I bring him the usual chamomile tea and Turkish delights during tea time. He looks at the tray and looks up at me, "You may leave." I nod and leave the room. I don't think Mr. Skeppy has ever said thank you, good morning, good afternoon, or goodnight to me. 

It's like this man has no proper manners or something. Just a thank you here and there would suffice. Maybe he pulled out his heart and dropped it in a glass of boiling tea or something. Who knows? 

I get back to work at my desk and then we leave for the press conference not much later. We get there and reporters are around trying to take pictures and get an interview with Mr. Skeppy, there's other successful businessmen in the area that are also a part of the press conference. But Mr. Skeppy is by far the best in this field. And I'm not saying that just because he's my boss. 

Sometime halfway through the time, I whisper in his ear, "Mr. Skeppy, the papers have just been sent for you to review." He nods and tells the man he was talking to, "Excuse me for a moment." We walk out of the main room and find a couch in the hallway. 

He sits down and I hand him the Ipad to electronically sign stuff. Once done, he hands it back saying, "Alright, back to the press." He tells reporters about future plans and current projects we have in the works and what not. 

The time comes to 4 when we start driving to the restaurant where Mr. Soot will be. We arrive and I say, "I've just texted Mr. Soot and he is not here yet. Would you like to wait in the car for him?" Mr. Skeppy nods silently and I nod in response. 

Lovesick Workaholics | Skephaloजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें