1. Fresh Start

My bed feels so comfy in the morning, making it so much harder for me to open my eyes. And it's a Friday morning which just makes me wanna stay inside even more. But at last, the sunlight shines through my room's blinds, searing through my lids. I rub my eyes open while sitting up. 

The alarm beside me begins to ring and I calmly turn it off. My body moves itself out of body and to get prepared for the day. I put on my suit, gather my briefcase, and I eat a small bowl of cereal. My small apartment houses me and my adorable dog, Lucy, so I make sure to feed and take her out. I get my phone to make a quick call.

Big Q :D

Bad: Hey, are you awake yet Quackity?

Big Q: I wasn't but I am now. Why?

Bad: Wanna get some breakfast before my job interview today?

Big Q: Ok sure, where?

Bad: I'll be at your house soon so be ready.

Big Q: Ok, bye Bad.

Bad: Bye.

I say bye to Lucy and get out of my place. My car is...not the best i'll admit. But it gets me around the city when needed. The drive isn't far, and I'm at Quackity's door already. I knock three times before he opens it. He smiles, "Hey." "Ready to go," I ask. He nods, "Let me just grab my wallet." He runs in, gets it, and comes back outside. 

We hop in my car and go to a nearby cafe. We walk in and are greeted by the same old lady who's been in charge of the place since we were young. She smiles, "Hey boys, just the usuals today?" We both nod, "Yes Mrs. Niki." 

We sit down at a window side seat and Quackity asks, "So where's the interview today?" I sigh, "All the way across town." "Is that where the job is?" he asks. I shake my head, "No. The job is for Incite, that huge company that buys other companies." 

He looks at me confused, "I don't know..." I point outside, "The tallest building in Atlanta is Incite, right over there. But I guess they want to do an interview at a different place, so I have to drive there." (A/N: This info is not factual, it's fiction.) 

He says, "Hope it goes well though. It's like you can just work at your parents' convenience store forever. The pay better be good. What position are you going for again?" "Executive assistant to the CEO," I replied. He whistles, "Big position, big bucks." I nod, "It's about $25,000 monthly." 

Quackity's eyes widened, "Let's go to the club with your first paycheck and spend it on titties bouncing in our faces!" I scoff, "Language! Plus I'm gay Quackity, I have no interest in girls and the club." He says, "Your right, your right. I was just kidding anyway. How about we get a drink or two?" I shrug, "Maybe, the job pays well but also it requires a lot of work and hours put in. Like a lot." 

"How long are we talking," he asks. I sigh, "Everyday starting at 8am and I finish whenever the CEO is finished." Quackity's eyes widened once again, "So you're telling me this is the last breakfast we'll ever have together?" He frowns and I frown too, "Probably. That's if I get the job though." 

He says, "I'm sure you will Bad. You're smart, kind, hard working, and a well rounded person. If you can't get the job, no one could anyway. Plus, being a business major during college will help you. Maybe on the side you can provide the CEO some tips." I laugh, "He definitely does not need any. He's one of the youngest and most successful CEOs in the US." 

"What's his name?" he asks. I shrug, "Skeppy. A bit weird if you ask me." Quackity laughs, "Yeah, it sounds like that peanut butter brand...Skippy!" We both burst into laughter while munching on muffins and sipping coffee.