Ignoring the text that had just came in, I scrolled through my contacts and stopped when I saw my therapist number.

Would she be able to help me?

Without thinking too much; I pressed the call button and it immediately starting ringing.

Oh my god! Wait! I didn't think this through! She's always busy, would she have time for me? What if I'm interrupting a session? Before I could press the cancel button, I heard her voice through my phone.

"Miss Simpsons?" Her delicate voice called out.

"Dr Kayla." I nervously replied.

"It's been a while. Is there an emergency?" She asked.

"Oh no. I just wondered if I could see you today or tomorrow if it's possible."

"We're closed for the holidays."

"Oh."

"But I can make an exception seeing as you called me personally and without being forced to."

"I'd really appreciate that."

"I'm out grocery shopping with my kid right now so do you mind having a session at the cafe? I would suggest a park but it's winter so I'm not sure it's a great idea."

"I don't mind at all. Just send me the address and I'll be there."

"Okay, I'll drop my kid off at home and then I'll send it."

After she sent me the address, I immediately left for the cafe downtown.

The streets were bustling with people. Kids playing with the snow in their winter clothes and adults walking and talking around the busy cafe.

I spotted doctor Kayla sitting at the corner of the warm cafe which smelled like coffee beans and fresh bread.

"Hi." I greeted as I slid into the seat opposite her.

She turned from the window to me and then broke into a smile. "How have you been?" She asked.

"I've been well." I returned the smile.

"What do you want to drink? She passed me the menu.

She raised her hand as a signal and a petit young woman came to our table.

"Caramel Frappuccino with whipped cream." I told the lady.

"Iced americano for me and croissants." She instructed the lady.

Dr Kayla looked extremely different from how she looked in the office. Her natural Afro made her made her appear younger and her brown skin glistened under the cafe light. The perfect African American woman.

"So tell me what the problem is." She cleared her throat.

"So I got married recently and he already wants a divorce because he feels I can't commit to him fully. You know how my past was, you helped me be able to go to college and start working so you know how difficult it is for me to move on from Damian." I explained.

"So tell me do you want the divorce?"

"No."

"Why?"

"I think Leo's good for me. When I caused a scene because of a panic attack, he helped me and he made me feel safe and I haven't had any since. We live with two girls who are like his sisters and living with the three of them is so fun. I feel happy whenever we're all together."

She took a long sip of her coffee. "Tell me only about Leo."  She paused. "What do you think of him?"

"I think he's fun, he's pretty sweet and is a great cook as well. We got off on the wrong foot but we are friends now-"

"How about i rebrand my question? Imagine Leo right in front of you, staring you down. How would you feel?"

I closed my eyes and the first thing that came to my mind was the way we danced at the Christmas ball. My heart suddenly raced as I gazed into his eyes.

"My heart races."

"Interesting, why?"

"Because he's standing really close to me."

"What else do you feel?"

"Kind of nervous."

"Nervous? But you're a pretty confident woman, is he intimidating?"

"Im the kind of nervous where I get red and flustered."

"What else do you feel?"

"Peace. Im happy when I'm with him. He understands me and my pain and I want him to stay by my side."

"Why?"

"Because I want to get better. I want to move on and I want to live life again."

"Why do you have the sudden resolution to?"

"Because I think he's a friend."

"A friend? Let's dig deeper. Your heart races when he's close to you, you get flustered, you want to get better with him, he gives you peace of mind, what do you think these all signify?"

"Love?" I asked.

"Bingo." She smiled and took a bite of her croissant. "I think you have finally healed from your past and that's why you want to restart life." She preached.

"Love?" I repeated to myself in awe.

"You love him and that's why you don't want to let him go. Now go on miss Simpsons. Make sure you don't lose your husband." She encouraged me.

"Thank you so much Dr Kayla! I'll wire the money for a se-"

"Take this as a Christmas gift and don't worry about this either." She gestured to the table. "It's on me." She grinned.

"Thank you so much!"

"If you truly want to show me your gratitude, please start with us after the holidays."

"Definitely!" I chuckled.

It's love. I love Leonardo. I fell in love again and with Leonardo!

I won't get a divorce. 

**