Chapter 38

Winter

"You're getting divorced?" Iris frowned.

"Yeah. It's what Leo wants."

"Why would he want that? He was literally begging me days ago to tell him ways to make you fall for him?" She wore a confused expressions.

"No, Leo's crazy. I'm calling him!" Cassidy brought out her phone and proceeded to dial his number.

"No." I took the phone from her hand.

"Winter..." Cassidy trailed.

"If you try to call him it will look like you're taking my side." I tried to make her understand.

The girls both exchanged glances, "That's exactly what we're doing!" They yelled in a unison.

I smiled, "You don't have to. I don't want you guys to get involved in this, we'll sort it out." I sssured them.

"Here," I hsbded the phone back to csssidy. "Promise me you won't try to talk to Leo about this." I looked straight into her eyes.

"Fine!" She released a defeated sigh as she reached for her phone.

"I have to meet Rachel now so I might be late." I informed them as I grabbed my purse and keys.

"Okay! Have fun then!" Iris waved mischievously.

All through the drive to my parents house, I couldn't help but think about Leo. Why was this divorce bothering me so much? I mean I didn't want to get married anyway!

A violent wave of car honks brought me back to my reality as about two cars overtook me while signaling something at me with angry expressions.

I noticed I was driving little above twenty and apparently no one has patience anymore in this darn city.

"What? Leo wants a divorce?!" Rachel hysterically voiced.

"Shush!" I placed my index finger on my lips to signal her to keep her voice down. "I sont wsbt our parents to know yet." I sighed.

"How do you feel?" Rachel sat down best to me while maintaining eye contact.

"Huh?" I narrowed my eyes at her because I was surprised by the question. No one, not even Leo asked me how the whole divorce issue makes me feel.

"I don't know how I feel." I honestly answered her.

"Hm," She grimaced. "Tell me exactly what happened from your point of view obviously." She ordered.

I narrated your her how things were going really well, how he suddenly mentioned the divorce, how he decided to leave the house and sent papers through a domestic staff.

"Damn," she paused. "Leo's brutal." She joked but I only glared at her.

I released a sigh as I concluded my story, talking about it made my chest feel lighter.

"If I'm being totally honest, I do see why Leo would want a divorce." Rachel muttered then avoided my gaze.

"What do you mean?" I arched an eyebrow.

Rachel got up to her feet and walked towards the stool which sat in her room.

"I mean you do realize marriage is a life time commitment right?" She turned to face me before turning to face her front. "I personally don't think it's a good idea to stay in a loveless marriage. What's the point?" She shrugged.

I wanted to argue but I couldn't make up my words.

"Leo already caught feelings and I think it's selfish of you to keep him trapped in a relationship that won't yield anything."

Rachel is telling the truth but why does it hurt so much?

"I see you only care about Leo's feelings! What about mine? Does my feelings not matter?" I yelled at her.

I heard Rachel release a soft gasp and then turned to me.

"Calm down." She smiled. "Before I talked about Leo, I asked you how you felt about the whole thing but you didn't have a reply." She paused. "Do you have one now?" She asked,

I bit on my lower lip.

"I know it would be selfish of me to ask him to stay in this relationship but is it bad if I do?" I whispered.

"Why do you want to keep this relationship if you don't love him?"

"I-I don't know."

"Ask yourself clearly what you want. Do you really not love him?"

My heart skipped a beat at the question. I blinked quite a few number of times.

Do I actually l-love him? No, it's not love.

"I-I-"

What the hell? Why can't I say it? Say you don't love him!

"..."

"Winter, I think  because you haven't fallen in love in quite a while, you don't know what it is anymore."

"This has nothing to do with love."

"Okay then. I'll just ask two things." She sat next to me. "Why don't you want a divorce?" She asked.

Silence.

"Okay two, when was the last time you thought or talked about Damian?"

I gasped at her question.

Wait.

Come to think of it, I haven't really thought about Damian since this whole thing started.

"What does this have to do with Damian?"

"There was a time when every move of yours would be done with Damian on your mind. You'd try to relate everything to him but here you are in my room gushing about Leo. I haven't seen you show this much emotion towards another guy ever."

She is kinda right.

I sat down quietly and listened to Rachel like she was giving a heartfelt speech.

"So anyway my point is you may not have totally forgotten Damian but you're clearly moving on, which is good." She continued. "I also think that if you could at least tell Leo that you want to start over again with him that he'd tear up the divorce papers himself." She suggested.

"The ball is now in your court. Do you want to finally admit to yourself that you are ready to move on and start an actual family with Leo? Or do you want to get divorced and watch Leo build that family with someone else because I'm sure that's exactly what would happen if you let him go."

"You sound so intelligent sometimes." I smiled at her.

"Fuck tou." She grabbed a pillow and hit my head with it. "I literally just gave you the best advice I've ever given anyone in my life and you're joking around."

I chuckled. "I'm smiling now aren't I? You really helped me a lot." I pulled her into a hug. "Thank you." I said into her hair.

"Sure."

**
Hey guys!

I'm sorry I went MIA

There was a wedding in my family and I had to help around.

That and also typing on my phone with artificial nails on is such an extreme sport lol

Also happy new month guys!

Remember to follow me on Instagram @thepeachygirlwrites and also check out my new book titled Sweet Addiction.