Chapter 92__Attention seeker

Douglas was pacing around the living room carrying his little baby. His Daughter is six months old and her name is Daphne. She is a pretty girl who took most of her dad's features but she definitely took after her mother when it comes to crying all the time. Daphne got all of Ashley  attention.
Douglas is always complaining that Ashley had stopped paying attention to him. All she cares about now is her daughter. And Douglas wanted his wife attention.
"Daphne what do I do now? You've gotten all of your mum attention. Can you grow up quickly please? Just grow up on time so that I can have my wife to myself again",  he sigh.
"I'm not going to have another baby anytime soon if this is what Ashley will do again..."
"I'm ready",  Ashley said as she came out of her room.
She walked to Douglas.
She stretched her hand to take the baby from him.
" Let's go. We can't be late to the party. ", she told Douglas and walked out of the house.
" Ashley, you forgot my morning kiss again today", he called after her.
She turned and threw him a kiss.
"Sorry. Daphne is taking much of my time lately",  she said.
Douglas felt like crying.
When will the child grow up?

Raymond was excited as he got down from the car. His grandma pick him up immediately.
" Don't run around. You can't afford to dirty your tuxedo", Mrs Dalton told her grandson.
The boy pouted.
"I won't run around",  he said.
When they got to the open place arranged for the event, Louis and some guest are already there.
The children around the park. There is adequate security and CCTV camera in every corner to monitor everything that is happening.
" Oh my! The birthday boy looks very handsome today", Louis told his grandson.
"Grandpa, did you prepare my birthday gift?",  the boy asked.
" Of course I did", the man said.
"Really? What's in it?",  he asked.
" That's a surprise ", Louis said.
Raymond pouted his lips.
" I will still know it eventually", he said.
Louis smiled as he pat his head.
Raymond saw his other speaking to someone and he ran to him.
"Grandpa",  he called.
The old man turned and his gaze soften when he saw his grandson. He quickly bend down and carried the boy.
" Happy birthday,  man", the old man wished him.
Raymond is always happy if Mr Dalton called him man.
"You have a gift for me right?",  he asked.
" I told you I want a robot. Did you really get it for me?", he asked his grandfather.
"Guess?",  the man told him.
" I hate guessing. I love straight to the point. I don't like surprises too after all I'm not a woman. Tell me, robot or no robot?", he asked.
Looking at this heir of his family. The old man was very happy. The boy was smarter than many children of his age. He is very matured and talented. He love this grandson of his so much.
"I got you  a robot",  the man said.
" Really? Oh my goodness. Thank you grandpa.", the boy said and kissed his grandpa cheeks.
Mrs Dalton saw this and scoffed.
"Never watch that face",  she told her husband.
Raymond had asked everyone to stop kissing him when he was two. The boy was a clean freak and he found kissing gross.
Dorris walked out of her car and she attracted a lot if attention. She is dressed a gorgeous lavender off shoulder dress. She looked very beautiful.
She greeted her parents in law. She greeted her father. She hugged Ashley and carried Daphne. She greeted Guy, Toby,  Vickey, Harriet, Harry, Edmund and Harley too. She was all smiles. She greeted several distinguished guest around too. The media made sure to capture every moment on their camera. All the kids playing around the park were ushered to have a seat as the party is about to begin. Everyone can go ahead and play after wishing the birthday boy and after eating.
The host called Dorris to give her speech.
" Let's welcome, President Dorris Dalton on stage with a round of applause ", the host said.
There was a loud ovation in the open space as Dorris collected the micro phone.
"As we all know that today is Raymond Dalton birthday. I will like to invite my son to the stage now, Let's welcome the celebrant",  she said.
Raymond walked to his mom and stood beside her.
" Today I have a lot of people to appreciate. I thank God for protecting and guarding my son. I appreciate my father for his words of advice. I thank my mother and father in law. They've been so good to me. I thank everyone of you present today. My brother, my friends , my colleagues at work, my husband friends, relatives and colleagues. I am grateful to all of you", she paused.
"I'm also grateful to my husband.....",  the hall went silent.
"I hope he will come back to us soon"
As she said that she looked at her son and smiled.
"I'm also grateful to my little guy here. Thank you for staying with mummy. Thank you for being healthy. You're the best son in the whole world. I will like you guys to join me sing my son a birthday song".
  🎶 Happy birthday to you 2ice
        Happy birthday to you,  Raymond
         Happy birthday to you.🎶
"Hip! Hip! Hip"
"Hurray",  Everyone chorused.
Dorris bend down and kissed her son. She stood up again.
She was about to say something when her eyes widen. She dropped the microphone in shocked.
She was shouting in her head.
'This can't be. This can't be. This cannot happen. '
Everyone turned when they saw Dorris paled face..........

📝📝📝📝📝
Let's guess.
What happened?
Why did Dorris suddenly turn pale.