Chapter 60__I'm really useless

Dorris thought she heard wrongly. Even Douglas was surprised.
"Dad",  he called.
Louis sigh.
"I don't want to do this but I can't help it. I mean....",  he sigh.
" I don't know what to do. I'm scared! This people are really people we can not go against. I am afraid I won't be able to protect you from them. Dorris, can't you just leave him?"
Dorris did not say anything .
"Dad, what are you saying?",  Douglas asked.
" They came over to the shop earlier today. My means of livelihood was taken away. They even saud they are behind you loosing your job. That's not the point, the point is they are swearing on Dorris life! I'm so scared. I know this might sound as nonsense but I feel like those are not empty words"
"They came over to your shop?",  Dorris asked surprised.
" They did.", Louis replied.
"You lost your job too?",  Dorris asked turning to Douglas.
Douglas only nodded.
" I'm really sorry", Dorris said.
"This is all my fault", she added.
" Sis, what are you saying? We are family. Family don't say such things as sorry to each other. We are here for one another", Douglas said.
He turned to his Dad.
"Dad, don't worry. Dorris will be fine I promise you.",  Douglas told his father.
" Stop worrying about nothing", he added.
He looked at his sister. What is that guy doing that he allowed his sister be bullied by his fans?
"Sis, you go and wash up. Sleep over, I will call Ray",  he told Dorris.
Dorris nodded and walked to her room.
Douglas fist his hands and sent a text to someone.

Douglas entered the bar and saw him there.
" Dorris?", Ray asked immediately he saw Douglas.
"I heard she was bullied today",  he added.
Douglas ignored him and sat down. He pour himself a drink.
" Is she at your place?", Ray asked again.
"She is at home",  Douglas simply said.
" Her dad's place.... Your place?", Ray asked.
"Yes. Home",  Douglas replied.
Ray sigh.
" How is she?Hope she is not hurt? Have you checked at the hospital? Is she okay? Is she really mad at me? I am really sorry. Everything is my fault. Is she not coming home tonight?", he asked all at once unlike himself.
"She is already at home. Which other home are you talking about? Do you expect her to go back to the house of a husband that can not even protect her? "
Ray eyes darken.
"What are you talking about?",  Ray asked.
"Are you saying you're not aware that it is the people from your side that are targeting my family? They made me lose my job, they destroyed my dad place of work and now my sister is hunted by your fans!",  Douglas told him.
This is the first time Ray will be seeing Douglas so serious.
Ray sigh when he heard all Douglas said.
" I'm really sorry", he said.
"I promise to take care of all this. Just take care of your sister tonight. I'm sure she will be upset with me.",  Ray sighed again.
" I'm really useless", he said and downed a glass of liquor.
"I can't even protect my woman. I'm so useless",  he said again.
Douglas watched him and felt he was too harsh with his words but he just couldn't help it.

📝📝📝📝📝