Chapter 23__ far from being gentle

Dorris is about to go out to meet Ray when she saw the text.
Something is wrong. Ray had never stood her up. What happened to him?
Maybe she was just over- thinking. Maybe he is just busy at work and had to work overtime.
She sent a text
Dorris__Okay. Don't work too hard. Take care of yourself.
Dorris sigh.
She called Ashley.
Dorris📞_Hey Ash. Wanna come out for dinner. Let's have a ladies time.
Ash📞_Oh! Okay
Dorris📞_I will send the address. The last to arrive is paying the bill.
Ash📞_(laughed) Why do I smell trickery here?
Dorris📞_( laughing) I'm not using any trick. I'm really in my dorm.
Ash📞_Then I will pick the restaurant.
Dorris📞_Ok! I will still get there before you.
Ash📞_we shall see.
While still on the call. Dorris hurriedly pull on her shoe and practically run out of the house. She is paying no bill.

Ashley and Dorris ran into each other outside the restaurant. Immediately Dorris saw her, she did not even exchange greetings and ran into the restaurant.
Seeing this, Ashley laughed.
Dorris can be so funny. She just didn't want to pay the bill. The truth is Dorris was planning to go out with Ray and he is the one who always pay the bill. She will even offer to buy desert but he will turn her down.
"You're my woman. I will get you all you want"
Ashley entered the restaurant and Dorris call out to her.
"Ash!"
Ashley smiled. She thought she will feel guilty for dating Dorris baby brother if she saw Dorris but she did not feel uncomfortable. She felt at peace_like she did nothing wrong. Perhaps, it is not wrong. After all, Douglas is matured. He is an adult on his own.
"Hi, Dorris"
"Yeah. I got here before you",  Dorris said shamelessly.
Ashley shook her head.
" Aren't you too stingy, uhn?", She asked.
"Your boyfriend is Ray Dalton for goodness sake!",  Ashley added.
Dorris swallowed.
" He offered me a credit card but I rejected it. Why will I take it? It is not as if we are married."
Ashley smiled.
"Why are you dressed like someone who is going on a date?",  Ashley asked.
" I was supposed to be out with Ray but he is busy", Dorris said.
"Oh! Let's order and talk",  Ashley said.

" What? Can you repeat what you just said?", Ashley asked.
"I said Ray wants me to marry him"
"That's a joke?",  Ashley asked.
" Well, it's not"
"Then what is it?",  Ashley asked.
" I can't believe it when he said it. There are so many reasons to not marry him. We are two world apart. It's two early to get married. We've not known each other for long.
He had a fiancee. He is a public figure.
I'm just an upcoming artiste. People are going to talk. I don't think is parents will accept him. I know I will have to retire from the entertainment industry to get married but it's too soon. Don't you think?"
"Babe,  I meant to say what is it that is stopping you from accepting his proposal? You wants flowers? You don't like the ring? Babe, stop making all those baseless excuses. You're the one that is too good for him. In as much as you love him and he love you, you can go ahead and get married"
"Do I love Ray?",  Dorris asked.
" Are you asking me?", Ashley asked raising her brow.
"Shouldn't you know better?",
Dorris sigh.
" I don't know. I  can't tell",Dorris is said.
Ashley just smiled.
"Douglas called me and said he found a job",  Dorris stated.
" Yeah! An assistant secretary. Isn't he capable?", Ashley asked.
"How do you know?",  Dorris asked.
" He called me too."
"But he didn't mention to me that he is an assistant secretary. I don't see anything good about being an assistant secretary. I don't think he can date with that salary. Ashley, do you think I should introduce girls to him? I know girls that...."
"Why will you introduced girls to him?",  Ashley cuts in, almost yelling.
Dorris raise a brow.
Ashley swallowed.
" Don't you think he is too young to date?", she asked Dorris.
"He is over eighteen. He is an adult.",  Dorris said.
" Don't introduce girls to him. He just started working and his salary is not that much. If he needs girls,  he will find for himself ", Ashley stated.
Dorris shook her head.
" you don't know brother. He is too shy to talk to ladies. I don't think he even knows how to ask a lady out. He is too cool and gentle."
Ashley smirks.
'You don't know your brother at all. I know him more than you do. He is too shy? Nonsense. He don't know how to ask ladies out? I wish! He is cool? Not at all. He even make his girlfriend do things for him, practically ripping me off. Gentle? I laugh in spanish. Come and see him kissing me...... He is nothing close to gentle. Trust me my friend,  your brother is a rogue!'
"Let him make his choices, Dorris. Focus on your own relationship",  Ashley told her.
Dorris nods.
" I should "

Harriet hurried out of her room all dressed.
"You're going out?",  Edmund asked her drinking his tea.
Harriet walked to the dining and pick a toast.
" Yes. I'm bored staying all alone in the house"
"More reasons you should go back to help your brother out in the company"
"My brother don't need my help.",
She drank tea.
" I'm going with you to your office. Can I?", she asked.
"No you can't",  he said.
"C'mon Ed. I will be in my best behavior. I'm already gentle. I will even be more gentler.",  She told him.
" You are far from being gentle, Harriet"
Harriet pout her lips.
"Ed. Pls"
"Harriet, No"
"Please, I promise not to be a nuisance"
Edmund pick his brief case.Harriet take her bag and run after him.
Edmund sigh.
He knew he will not be able to say no to her anyway.

📝📝📝📝📝
Thanks for reading.

Vote vote vote!
Comment comment comment

Vote vote vote!
Comment comment comment

💞💞💞💞💞