26: Luna Bianchi

I had spent most of the evening with Marc.

I was trying to somehow distract him from the fact that my sister broke his heart and hasn't planned to stop hurting his feelings anytime soon.

Sometimes I just wanted to strangle Jo with my bare hands.

Why would she hurt him like that? He certainly didn't deserve that.

And I'm not just saying that because he's my best friend.

Marc now spent most of his time with us. Right now he was sitting on the couch, watching some Netflix show that caught his interest.

Steven was at work and I was extremely bored. 

So I made brownies.  Both  Steven and Marc were addicted to brownies.

After the brownies were done baking, I let them cool down and sat down next to Marc.

"What are you watching?"

"Friends"

"Oh my god, you are watching "Friends" without me? "

"I didn't know you liked the series as well. "

"Well, I do like it. In fact, I love that show."

"You are  a mix of Phoebe, Monica and Chandler,  to be honest with you."

"Am I? Why's that?"

"You are a great cook, just like Monica. You are pretty sarcastic, like Chandler. And you are also confident, just like Phoebe."

"Yeah, that makes a lot of sense actually. You know, you are kind of like Joey. Joey is a great friend. And so are you."

"I love Joey. Joey is great. There should be more people like Joey Tribbiani."

After this interesting conversation we watched a few more episodes of Friends.

In fact, we watched it all day until Steven got back from work.

In the meantime I cooked dinner.

"I can see you were very productive today."

Steven said in a sarcastic tone as he entered the apartment.

"You know, you remind me of Ross." Marc replied.

"What are you even talking about ?"

"Well, you're always so serious and you work all day. And no one is actually talking you seriously."

"That sounds almost like an insult." Steven said as he sat down at the table with us.

"Steven is so much better than Ross. I don't even like Ross that much, to be honest. " I objected.

"You guys have to stop watching so much TV."

"Who's gonna stop us?"

"Yeah, who's going to stop us?" I asked, just repeating Marc's question.

And then we all had dinner together.

Jo had stopped by in the meantime.

With her presence she ruined everything.

Marc hadn't spoken or thought about her all day.

But that changed as soon as she entered the apartment.

The smile on his face turned into a serious and rather sad look.

We waited until she was gone and then we all went bowling together.

Well, we asked two of Steven's colleagues to come and they did.

Steven and I barely managed to get any points, while Marc would have knocked down all the pins even with his eyes closed.

However, we had a really nice evening together and Marc was so distracted by the whole bowling thing that he didn't even had the time to think about my sister.

Steven had the rest of the week off.

So we had enough time to take care of Marc and do the things we all enjoyed.

Like bowling, for example.

After bowling we didn't feel like going home, so we spontaneously decided to go to the cinema.

Usually Steven hated spontaneity but tonight he didn't seem to care.

Like me, he probably wanted Marc to feel a little better.

So we watched some comedy movie that didn't even contain a trace of romance and made our way home after the film.

It was raining on the way home and when we got home we were all soaking wet.

Which wasn't too bad though, as I was planning on putting on my sleep wear and snuggling into bed anyway.

And that's exactly what I did.

Marc was sleeping on the couch and Steven was still too awake to go to sleep.

So he was sitting in the kitchen reading one of the books I kept in my bookshelf.

He ate a few brownies as well.

I could see that from the small angle between the living room and the kitchen.

Eventually, however, I got tired of watching Steven eat Brownies and fell asleep.