16

Namjoon POV

Noona was sure Hoseok was into me, especially after what Ji Woo had said to me. "He was straight, He was with his daughter's mom", I said sadly. "That was a decade ago Joonie, also he was only 17. Did you know everything about your sexuality when you were that age?", noona assured me.

"Umm...I know I'm gay since I hit puberty!", I scoffed. "Okay, you are a bad example but most people don't know everything about anything at that age. All it takes is a few drops of semen to make babies. You're not too gay to know that I guess".

"Meh! He hasn't said he's gay and I can usually tell. My gaydar didn't blink near him", I wanted to explain it that way. I wanted to believe that he's off-limit and not just too good to be true.

"He hasn't said he's straight either you dumbass! Now come on I am bisexual. People can be bisexual just so you know", noona scoffed. " I can't think like that, I don't want to be heartbroken once again".

"Joonie you're just impossible! How am I so intelligent and you're such a coconut head", Noona just fell asleep next to me. I let a sigh out and said, " I wish I knew" and drifted off to sleep next to noona. When Hoseok didn't call me the next day I felt justified in my ocean of self-doubt.

 When Hoseok didn't call me the next day I felt justified in my ocean of self-doubt

I ate a large bowl of jjangmeyon and my despair. I almost called into work but I had to suck it up and move on with life. Noona worked a double shift and I reveled in being home alone to wallow.

I was such a fucking moron, falling for a straight guy. Was I so starved for attention that I misread everything? It seemed likely. Later that night I got a message from Woo In.

 She said she was in the hospital with her dad. They needed a legal guardian, what the fuck? I grabbed my wallet and flew out of the door. I was doing this for Woo In, I was a terrible liar.

I found her in the waiting area, she looked tired and clearly, she cried before. I tried to calm and asked, "what happened Woo inaa?" She told me sniffing, " Appa got electrocuted at work. He was training some interns and one of them didn't off the mainline so dad got shocked and burned. He hit his head and passed out".

"Oh my god!", I fought my panic, "let me do all the official formalities". "It's okay! Before I texted you I called teacher noona. She took care of everything. She was here on duty", said the girl.

 She was here on duty", said the girl

 "Where is Ji woo?" I asked. "She's with appa, let's go to his room", Woo In turned and led me down the hospital hallway. "What are you doing here?" Noona stepped out in front of me nearly scaring me to death.

"Woah! Holy crap! I'm here for Hoseok and the girls. I just got here and haven't seen him yet", I blabbered in one breath. "Okay come down and follow me", noona started walking and we followed her.

The three of us walked into the room where Hobi was shifted, I could hear him giggle with Ji woo. "oh you came", Ji woo almost jumped and hugged me. Noona took both the girls to the cafeteria to eat something. Hoseok had a big bump on his forehead and the eye below it was turning black and blue.

His entire left hand and the last three fingers on his right were all wrapped up. "Are you alright?" I moved closer to the bed. I needed to see him up close for my own sake.