"From what I understand, you had no choice. But why did you stick with the scouts? You could have left anytime you wanted." They wondered.

"Guess I found a family here, I've only known you guys for a few months but I'd say that I've become closer to my squad than anyone I'd met in the underground." The ghoul looked outside the window and saw the scouts scurrying around and forming plans to deal with Rod Reis. "Promise you won't tell anyone? I'd rather it come from me, that way I can at least try to justify my existence."

Hange stood up and gripped onto the ghouls shoulders, Kaya was shocked when Hange engulfed her into a hug. The thief had never been shown any physical affection for years, it was a nice change, it would have been nicer if Hange took a shower ever so often.

"Don't ever say something like that again. You don't need your existence to be justified, nobody does. We all have our flaws and I think you are one of the strongest people I've ever met, not just physically, but emotionally. You've had to live your whole life keeping this secret. I'm sorry." Hange's words echoed through Kaya's head, she'd never heard anything so kind and caring.

"I don't exactly know what to say to that." The ghoul smiled and placed her hand on the back of her neck.

"You don't have to say anything. By the way, what exactly is a kagune?"

Kaya smirked before activating her kagune, she stood up in her usual form and slowly outstretched the remaining spike towards Hange. She softly patted the scientist on the head before deactivating it and landing on her feet.

"Tada." She bowed. Just as she finished her quick demonstration, Levi walked into the room , clearly expecting to see Kaya there too.

"Did you tell them?" He asked.

"Well if I didn't then you'd have pretty much ratted me out." Defended the ghoul. "Anyways, yeah. Hange is officially a part of the circle." She joked.

"Huh, you knew about this?" The scientist asked Levi.

"I figured it out on my own." Levi answered in triumph.

"You call that figuring it out? I had to explain every aspect to you, I could have easily just made up some excuse." Kaya disagreed. "Besides, I was planning on telling you since our first encounter with the female titan."

Hange looked devastated that they weren't the first one informed of ghouls, they were rather close with the thief. "You were going to tell Levi before me?!" They accused. "Oh now I see~" Hange teased.

Both Levi and Kaya looked at Hange with confusion plastered on their faces. "Calm down, you're going to reopen your wound." Levi ordered.

"You're not denying it~" They added.

"Denying what?" The ghoul asked, completely ignorant to what Hange was getting at.

The scientist then pointed at Levi and Kaya and made a love heart symbol in their hands, Kaya gasped once she understood. Levi on the other hand, didn't seem too shocked.

"Let's go, we have to head to a meeting with Erwin and the other squads." Levi said, snapping Hange out of their fantasy. Kaya and Hange were quick to follow him and stood behind him once they were in the meeting room.

"Once you're queen, you can punch that smug runt right in the face." Mikasa leaned over and whispered to Historia.

"Now that's something I'd like to see." Chimed in Kaya.

"Sir's, we have determined the Reiss titans location, it's south west approaching Orvue district. At this rate, it'll reach the walls before dawn."

"Right understood. Commander Erwin, I'm sure everyone here would like to hear your plan. How can we evacuate the people in such short time?"

"That's not part of the plan." Erwin answered.

"What's that?" A higher up questioned.

"The people of Orvue district will need to stay exactly where they are." He said again.

"What the hell are you thinking Erwin? If we don't get these civilians out of the city, they'll die by the thousands. That hoking monstrosity will be a stone throw from the wall by morning." The higher up gripped onto Erwins jacket, attempting to appear more threatening.

"That titan is an abnormal." Hange stated.

"Right, and what the hell does that even mean?"

"Wow he is dense." The ghoul muttered.

"It means it behaves differently. Unlike most titans we encounter, it's only attracted to large groups of people. Hence the word, abnormal. Put simply, given a choice between a few soldiers right next to it and a distant but densely populated city, it'll choose the city. So if we were to evacuate the districts people to the interior of wall Sina right now, the titan would change its course. Destroying the wall and anything else in its path. Left unchecked, it would make for the city with the greatest density of people, the rampage would deliver a devastating blow to humanity." Hange continued.

"As we rode for Orvue, we had Eren Yeager attempt to utilise his recently discovered power to control titans, Rod Reiss' titan didn't react in any way." The section commander finished.

"If we're to stop this thing, we'll have to be outside Orvue district. For that to happen, we require the citizens here to act as bate. However, this doesn't change the fact that our first and foremost duty as soldiers is to protect the people. In the event that we're unable to holt the target, we'll take measures to minimise civilian loses. We'll announce a district wide evacuation drill tonight, the people will be gathered away from the outer wall, ready to escape if the battle is lost." Erwin elaborated.

The higher up looked angry at how well thought out Erwins plan was and his words made that obvious. "It seems there's no other choice."

"The body of this titan is the largest we've seen yet. As such it presents itself as an easy target. Our wall mounted canons should prove highly effective. But if we can't bring it down with artillery, the scout regiment will throw everything we have at it." Erwin looked towards Eren.

"Can't we catch a break?" The ghoul groaned.