"They're right, it's not even guaranteed that Reiss would turn back into a human if he did eat Eren, that's just a hypotheses. No ones actually seen it happen before." Armin added.

"So far, we've only been led by destructive people, and if they kept the founding titans powers, that's how it would stay. This is humanities first chance to escape from them. Eren, your father wasn't evil." Historia continued.

Kaya slightly scoffed at the last comment but listened nonetheless. "He was trying to save humanity from the first king. He stole the founding titan from my sister, and then he murdered my fathers wife and children because he had no other choice." Historia said, as if killing children was justified.

"You mean-" Eren was interrupted by Armin.

"Yeah, that's right, the doctor Yeager I knew would only have done something like that if he felt like he had to." Said Armin.

"Agreed, he must have known another way to save humanity without Reiss blood. And that must have been why he left you the key to the cellar." Mikasa chimed in.

"You know that's actually a fairly convincing argument." Levi spoke.

"For whatever it's worth, I think we should stick with Eren too. But listen, are you sure about this Historia? That titans a major threat, it's not like we can just let it wander freely inside the walls. Capturing it isn't an option, it's way too big. Which means that, our only way forward is to kill your father." Hange pointed to the huge titan.

"Eren, I should apologise. Under the Reiss chapel, I really considered turning into a titan and killing you. And honestly, it wasn't to save humanity, I just wanted to believe my father was right. Even more than that, I wanted him to like me." Mikasa glared at Historia. "But it's time for me and him to part ways now."

"Hey, Eren used the founding titans ability once before, if there's a chance he could use it on Rod Reiss, it's worth a try." Kaya suggested.

Eren stood up and faced the titan. "Stop moving now!" He yelled as he punched his arm forwards. "I said stop! Hey I'm talking to you!" The titan didn't react. "Hey asshole, you hear me! Cmon you stupid old bastard. Why won't you listen." He continued.

"Well, that was, something." The ghoul tried to stifle her laughs, she couldn't help it, Eren looked like an idiot. He was just aimlessly punching air, sure he had purpose behind his actions but that didn't make him look any less of a moron.

The rest of the journey was mostly silent, Kaya tried to calm herself by carving shapes into the cart with one of her knives and received a few glares from the other scouts. Once they arrived at their new base, she instantly went to talk with Hange. She needed to tell them the truth, the ghoul had promised.

"Hey Hange. Can we talk?" She asked the section commander.

Hange sat up in the recovery bed and gestured to the chair beside them. Kaya didn't know where to start, this was going to be complicated and could lead Hange to hate her. She took a deep breath before she began her explanation.

"I'm, I'm a ghoul." She managed to say. Hange looked confused so Kaya continued. "Ghouls are a species that can't eat human food and, and they have to make up for that by eating people."

"Huh, what are you saying?" The scientist pressed.

"I don't have a choice, if I don't eat people then I'll lose most my humanity and subconsciously kill others. It's not ideal but I try my best to keep the deaths limited." She looked down.

"Here I was thinking you were a titan, so what exactly does a ghoul do?" Hange questioned.

"Well, they can heal at rapid rates, their abilities can be several times more apparent than humans, they can't be killed with human weapons and they have a kagune. There's a ton more but those are the things I would say are more useful." Hange looked as though they were in deep thought over the situation.