Beach break

Taehyung POV

It was the last week of summer and everyone dragged me to the beach for a last bit of fun before 10th grade wrecks our mental health.

Jimin was super excited. Jhope was in host mode. Yoongi was as usual painfully unreadable. Jungkook... Jungkook was excited too maybe. He seemed a bit nervous though. Was it just excitement?

Jimin had dragged him away to go find sea shells. Yoongi was asleep on the sand as Hobi gave dirty looks to everyone who was checking him out.

I just stared at the waves as they crashed on the sand repeatedly. Each one different but still the same. The voices of families in the background drowned out as I was lost in my thought.

For months now I had just been ignoring my feelings. Everything that was bothering me I just pushed to the back of my mind and distracted myself. Avoiding every situation that could possibly remind me of anything that made me remember.

Truth is I feel lonely. It's like I've built this wall around myself and even though I'm not really alone I'm not letting anyone in. But it's becoming more and more obvious.

I took a deep breath and sighed. I pushed it away again shaking my head as jimin tripped and crashed into my lap.

"OW! MY BALLS. YOUR KNEE HIT MY BALLS!" he yelled rolling off my lap and whimpering in pain as an exasperated jungkook who was chasing him shook his head deciding that he was punished enough for pushing him into the wave.

I smiled finding comfort in the consistency of jimin getting on everyone's nerves and still being everyone's favorite straight boy.

I got up and ran to jungkook picking him up as he yelped and ran into the sea. I tried to drop him but he clung onto me and glared.

I pretended to give up for a second and then jumped in while holding him.

5 minutes later there was a very angry jungkook and a relieved jimin who was glad that it wasn't him in trouble for once.

I looked away pretending to be scared while I smiled to myself. I will be okay.

Jungkook POV

I looked at Tae pretending to be angry as my heart was thumping in my chest. He.. He picked me up.

Oh my god. Not this again. I wanted to get over it but I can't help it. He always just does something so endearing.

As the sun slowly started setting most of the people started leaving. Tae was sitting and taking sunset pictures and told the rest of us to carry on.

As I got up to leave he pulled me down beside him.

"Wait stay for some time." He said smiling his boxy smile at me.

I nodded smiling and sat down.

He moved closer and put his head on my shoulder.

"This is so relaxing. I wish I could stay like this forever." He said turning his head to look into my eyes.

My heart skipped a beat looking back at him as the pink sun set light cast a glow on his face.

"Yeah..." I said trailing off looking into the distance trying to calm my heart.

After a few minutes of comfortable silence. He got up and pulled me up too and we began walking as the moonlight took over.

I still remember it like yesterday. The sound of our giggles as we walked into the horizon wet sand in our toes. It was truly a core memory for me.

Jimin POV

I noticed that Tae and Kookie were out for a noticably long time. I didn't know if I had to be worried or excited that my ship might be sailing.

I contemplated whether I should wake Hobi up to tell him or just write a spicy smut scene of Taekook doing it at the beach in my fan fiction.

I sighed and decided to wake Hobi up. But just as I got up to do so Taekook walked in looking elated.

Spicy smut it is then.

Jungkook POV

The next morning I woke up to see Tae in deep sleep in his room. He must've stayed up as usual. But he didn't stay asleep for too long. He managed to get ready on time and come out with us for ice cream.

As usual he finished his ice cream quickly and I could see him staring intently at his phone.

I leaned over to see that he had written a poem but I couldn't read anything cuz he flinched away.

I looked at him pouting. "I wanted to read that. Come onnnn."

He stared at me for 3 seconds and let out a sigh before giving in.

"Fine but don't laugh okay? I also feel the need to tell you that it's based on an imaginary situation."

I smiled and took his phone from him.

'I stand on the beach with waves crashing on my toes
The melody of the sea makes me forget my woes

But the music it plays makes me remember us clearly
Feels like just yesterday that you were laughing  with me

Yet I still feel you in every breath that i dare take in
I see your light every time I close my eyes when darkness flows in

I see your footsteps clearly on the timeless sand of the beach
All I have to do is look into my heart and carefully reach

For the water no matter how fierce can't wash away our memories
I've frozen time forever to always be with you it seems

Ironically this isn't the power of a God it's even more noble
It's the most human magic ever that makes us invincible

A force so strong that it shall forever keep us together
Even against death itself our love shall persevere'

(A/n: Yeah I wrote this poem. Yeah it's cringe. Deal with it. I'm not a poet like Tae. Also please don't copy it mainly cuz it's cringe and really not worth plagiarism but also no matter how ugly your kid is you still love them so yeah point made)

As I read the poem I felt many things. I was amazed by Tae's hidden talent that somehow no one knew about till now. I was moved by the poem as it painted a clear picture. But most of all I was concerned for him. The poem obviously was melancholic and indicated possible loneliness.

I looked at him, concerned, to see the same beautiful eyes that have stopped sparkling the past few months.

I didn't know what to do in that moment.

Yeah another random ass update. I'm making this book happen dude. In a couple more chapters I promise consistent updates. Okay bye imma go deal with my insomnia now.