New Moon ~ Chapter 9

Start from the beginning

"Will you guys return?" I ask knowing my voice is wavering.

"We will but not now." Caressing my face with one hand the family leaves with a final bye.

I take a deep breath as I stand in the empty living room and empty house. I never imagined this place to feel colder than the vampire touch rock skin. It will get colder when winter comes with only me living here. Looking around, I place the keys in my pocket and do a tour of the house.  Trailing my hand on all the furniture, all the books, all the stone and wood of this house. They already gave me a house tour but at this moment, I tour on my own like I was just given a new house to explore. An emptiness that is all too familiar and much more painful fills my chest. My fingers twitch for the lighter but I clench my fist to stop myself.

"Now what am I going to do?" I whisper to myself, glancing at the painting of the three men that haunt my dreams. Their faces are clear with the care and passion they hold when looking at me. The raven, blonde, and brown-haired men of the vampire world. The Volturi kings. 

Carlisle told me about them one night that I was wondering about the halls not being able to sleep. Told me about who they are and how he knows them. Aro is almost the ring leader, and has the final word in judgment he passes on all vampires that would do bad. He has touch telepathy as his ability. One-touch and he reads every memory, every thought, every emotion you have experienced in your entire life till the present moment.

Caius is the blonde one. He seems to be slightly more heartless with the picture that my eyes look over. Pristine posture and without an ability he shows his strength with the attack he had done on the werewolves centuries ago. Poor things and poor him. Having such a goal and being able to accomplish it, such strength indeed. His strength also comes with strategy, smartest plans alive, or in my case walking dead. I chuckle as my fingers stroke the smooth texture of the painting.

My auburn eyes fly over to Marcus. I call him the softy with the calm and cared expression he holds. Carlisle quickly got me to know why he is a king. Strong and is the oldest among the three. He has a hidden strength that he rarely shows and only does show when angry or passionate in certain activities. A blush rises on my cheeks from when Carlisle told me and even now that I remember. Marcus must me be great then in bed. His ability involves seeing the bonds between people and the color of the bonds representing different things. 

"A real strong soulmate bond is always gold." Carlisle's words ring in my head. Why do I remember that certain statement specifically? I always remember that sentence which is odd.

A ringing phone makes me jump and look around for the source. Feeling the vibration in my pocket, I calm my heart. Looking at the caller id, I answer the phone.

"Morgana! Bella is gone." My eyes widen.

"I'm on my way." I turn to run but stop to look at the three kings once more. "Got to go my loves."

Not even going to think twice about what I just said and did, I zoom out the door and into my car to head to dad's house. What did Edward do!? What did Bella do!? Tightening my grip on my steering wheel, I push the gas and fly to dad's house.

I park and get out. The red and blue flashing lights of multiple police cars nearly blind me but a few blinks and I adjust. Running to my dad, he sighs glad I am safe, and gives me a hug. I smile at Jake who leans on dad's cruiser with his own dad beside him.

"Have you searched the woods?" I immediately ask my eyes already scanning among the trees.

"It is a vast area and she might not even be there," Dad replies. That is not the answer I was looking for. Sighing, I grab a flashlight and a small gun to protect myself in the woods.

"I know these woods well and am a fast tracker. Give me ten minutes. If I don't find her I will contact you through the walkie-talkie." Grabbing the big black device I leave the men heading to the woods where I notice footprints. Two meaning Edward was bringing Bella to talk. Why the fuck didn't he dump her ass back at home!? Edward is seriously going to get his head chopped off when I see him again. Entering the woods I follow the footprints to a lump on the ground. Walking around, I see Bella's brown hair. Kneeling down, I first check her pulse. Still alive and human. Looking around I see no danger which is good. 

"C'mon Bells, let's get you home." I hold back the deep huffs and groan at her weight as I lift her on my back. The time working with cars got me to exercise my strength and grow some as well. Heaving her on my shoulders, I search deep inside myself for that hot temperature I have gained during this still cold spring weather. My skin begins to heat up and I literally feel like a furnace. Bella grumbles and tightens her arms on my shoulders. Walking in the woods, I keep the flashlight ahead and don't look back. After a steady walk through the woods and following my wet footprints, I emerge out of the woods. I adjust Bella on my shoulders and walk to the flashing cars. Jacob notices me first and his eyes widen.

"Charlie!" Dad turns and sees me carrying my sister with a hot sweating body.

"Bella! Morgana!" Dad runs over to take Bella off my back. I breathe out all the heat I gathered in my body and soon my body cools off. "Good job honey. Come inside."

Charlie continues to whisper to Bella that she is safe as he goes into the house. I roll my eyes as he forgot to dismiss his search party. Whistling, I gain all the men's attention.

"Alright, boys the missing person is found! The case is closed! Go home!" I yell to them and watch everyone leave except Jake and Billy.

"How did you carry her?" Jake asks looking at me weirdly.

"Being a mechanic gives you strength," I comment before going into the house knowing dad needs my help.