Epilogue

The feel of warm hands caressing her face made her smile involuntarily. A knowing smile spread over her lips, no longer did she feel the pain of dying. Unknowingly, yet again Itachi saved her from the pain of her death by his genjutsu.

The water was calm beneath her legs, it rippled around as if trying to reach her. The beaming sun shined above them, smiling for it was a goodbye, less painful this way.

"Izumi-chan". Itachi called out softly and she opened her eyes to his, he was smiling so beautifully that he looked no less than an angel.

He truly was an angel and now, she will also join him in his afterlife.

"𝙄𝙩𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙞-𝙠𝙪𝙣...𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙖𝙩𝙤 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜". Izumi leaned into his touch when she felt something on her lap. She turned her head to find a plate of Dango's and a nostalgic laugh bubbled out of her mouth.

"You love these, huh?". She teased and Itachi shook his head in mirth.

With tears blurring her eyes she picked up one Dango for Itachi. He opened his mouth as she fed him, by the lake their love started and will end today.

"You look beautiful". She wept.

Indeed, Itachi looked beautiful. There was this indefinable serenity in his facial expressions that were never exhibited in him, in real life. He looked serene and content, like an angel because he was one, among the stars will he be found, now, for the world was too cruel for him to stay.

He longed for his death but never her's, he doesn't know her life is slipping each second she spends with him, nor will she have it any other way because she can't help but love him.

"Not as beautiful as you Izumi-chan". She blushed, her hand inching closure to his blissful face. She needed to feel him one last time. Itachi's eye's closed on their accord once her soft fingers danced on his skin.

"I know you must resent me for what I did but.." Izumi interrupted, "I don't Itachi-kun, you had your obligations and you completed them. I can never be angry at you for that. You had already chosen your path, I was just an unexpected turn".

Itachi's eyes snapped open but there was this indescribable emotion in his eyes that took away her breath.

"You were indeed an unexpected turn but I would go towards that turn a thousand times if it meant I could see you once again because I love you Izumi-chan. You lighted up the stars in my darkness, before my súton".

Izumi nodded frantically, smiling through her grief, this time she wasn't drowning, he was making her fly.

"It hurts like hell but I love you too". Their lips met for the last time but it felt like an eternity of their love. Together they were flying far away from his wretched world of suffering. The kiss was sweet and soft and full of love but there was this tinge of sadness that both couldn't ignore.

"I want you to live a happy and long life, Izumi-chan". He begged after breaking away from their kiss and she pretended that her heart was never butchered by this world.

"I will live a happy and long life, Itachi-Kun". She lied with a smile on her face, the same way Itachi used to lie to the world.

"Fight till the end". Itachi begged for one more thing unaware of the fact that her heart had given up a long ago.

Only a few heartbeats were left before she was gone.

"I will fight". She lied through the anguish.

Her image was shimmering away and that made her realize that it was time. She looked up at Itachi afraid but he was just an illusion, he won't understand what it means.

"Where are you going?". Itachi asked intrigued.

"To fly". Izumi replied.

"Don't fall then".

"I won't". But she had already fallen.

She looked beautiful, her hair was swaying in the air so softly that it felt mythical. Her image was turning into dust, flying away in the sky which was created by his love.

Itachi's hand rose mid-air towards her forehead before her súton, poking her shimmering form. "Yuruse, Izumi-chan. Mata kondo da."

(Forgive me, Izumi. There won't be a next time)

━━━━━━

𝙀 𝙉 𝘿

𝖲𝖳𝖠𝖱𝖳𝖤𝖣: 𝘍𝘦𝘣 17 2022

𝖤𝖭𝖣𝖤𝖣: 𝖠𝗉𝗋𝗂𝗅 30 2022

━━━━━━