Chapter 1

FIVE YEARS LATER
(Naruto Shonen Jump)

The village was in chaos after Orochimaru attacked the village on the day of the Chunin exams, which took the lives of many shinobi and the Third Hokage himself.

Over time Izumi and Sasuke grew closure as he felt she was the only family he has now, for him she was like a big sister who was in love with Itachi.

It wasn't a surprise, nor was he angered, he just felt sad for her who couldn't say a thing whenever he displayed his disgust toward his big brother.

However, he was a bit surprised when she told stories about how they met and their meets along with it. Her sadness was always present in her stories which Sasuke mistook for Itachi's betrayal but it was just the memory of the night when he put her in the genjutsu, showing how they both could have lived together happily ever after.

That night, she understood that sometimes the time isn't right, even if the person is.

Sometimes, two souls aren't meant to be together, forever.

But that never deterred her from protecting Sasuke, like he was her own. All those years, she raised Sasuke not out of pity or for her love for Itachi, it was merely who she is!
A gentle soul who likes to help everyone and even though Itachi's love may be a part of it, it's mostly her genuine nature that wants to protect Sasuke from the darkness.

She's a very gentle and peace-loving person but when it comes to the people she loves, she can be almost unrecognizable and her protective-ness knows no bounds then, like how she fought against Orochimaru to protect Sasuke, sadly though she couldn't stop him from putting a curse over him.

She came after that event, where a vulnerable Sasuke was laying in the arms of Haruno Sakura.

The young love between the two genins never fails to remind her of her own heartache, the two truly resemble her past self. Where the girl was always trying to pursue the lover, only to be ignored even if the lover had more intense feelings than they would like to display.

Orochimaru would have left but seeing another person welding the Sharingan, intrigued him and he regretted putting the curse mark over Sasuke if only he knew that someone else from the Uchiha clan was alive with such powerful eyes.

The battle was short-lived as Orochimaru took his leave before things got bloodied, leaving her with a slash in the arm, the poison spreading fast but she was treated early.

The aftereffects were quite strong, which were a downplay when the village was under attack, but still, she pushed herself to ensure Sasuke's safety, taking a step back in her recovery.

A lot of the shinobi were injured after the whole fiasco and the guards on the outskirts of the village were put on more alert.

But no one knew the incoming guest standing at the entrance of Konoha with his partner, Hoshigaki Kisame.

He lifted his hat, the bell jingling softly along with the harsh wind, as he looked over the village with his activated Sharingan.

Sasuke was his only thought

Looking over the village, he grew up in, was emotional but after everything he's been through he has learned to control his emotions and keep collectedness. Itachi has never been the type to lose his composure except for that night.

He wouldn't have made this direct stop but the news of Sarutobi Hiruzen dying to protect the village from the ex-member of the Akatsuki, who was obsessed with his eyes, made him worry for his younger brother's well being.

Now that the third Hokage is dead, he needs to remind Danzo that Sasuke's big brother is still watching over him and if he dares to hurt him, he'll leak the most critical information about the village to the other nations.

But was he ready to meet her?

The duo easily walked past the guards on the watch by simply putting them under a genjutsu.

They quietly entered the village, mingling among the people present on the roads when his eyes froze over a figure, he thought was dead.

For the first time, he was questioning his eyes, guaranteed that his eyesight is not the same as before but he can't possibly mistake a person's face for her, can he now?.

Izumi, Itachi thought observing the kunoichi walking amongst the crowd, her brown hairs reaching till her knees, the black eyes which seem to be devoid of happiness, a bandage covering her left arm, her long turtle neck dress along with the shorts, everything reminded him of her.

She even has a beauty spot below her eye, her hair parted sideways like how she used to keep them in her childhood.

"It can't be". Itachi murmured, lost in a daze, Sasuke was the only Uchiha survivor, it was never announced otherwise.

Kisame seems to notice the weird behavior of his usually, uncaring partner, "What is it Itachi?". He asked, with a cunning smile.

"Nothing". Itachi dismissed the conversation, shaking his head, the bell jingling with the motion as they passed the mysterious girl.

The time seemed to stop when their paths crossed as if their hearts were crying to be loved again, their souls seems to know but their mind was still unaware, rejecting each other's existence.

Looking back, he tried to see from which clan does she belong, only to be astonished when he found that she carries no clan symbol on her back.

Itachi's fist clenched in turmoil wondering if he was lied to about the existence of another Uchiha.

Why won't someone carry a clan symbol on their back, even the shinobi belonging from a non-shinobi background has a family symbol on their back but not her?

Who are you?

━━━━━

Ready for their meet? 😩

How was the chapter? And don't forget to vote!

IG: @theiawrites

━━━━━━

🌸FOLLOW FOR MORE🌸

━━━━━━