Chapter 5

THREE YEARS LATER
(Naruto Shippuden)

Uchiha Sasuke has killed the legendary sanin, Orochimaru, and fled from his hideout, a part of Izumi who has been trying to find him thought that maybe now he'll return but it all went down the drain when she got the whiff that Uchiha Itachi is also looking for Sasuke to deliver the invitation of a showdown.

As if she will let such a catastrophe happen, she won't lose more people than she already has. She can't.

Right at this moment, Sasuke is recovering from the raging battle that went down between him and Deidara, she has only gotten this much time to find Itachi and trick him into coming back or delaying his plans.

She has an idea, of how she will make that happen but isn't sure how it will work after all he is, Uchiha Itachi one of the most intelligent people she has ever known

Izumi has gotten permission from the current Hokage, Senju Tsunade to carry on a single-handed mission to either find Itachi or Sasuke and talk them into coming back. Even Tsunade knew that Izumi's proposition didn't look as simple as she said it, her motives weren't just talking but the Hokage believed whether she finds Itachi or not, Sasuke is someone she practically raised. There is a fifty-fifty chance that he might listen to her more than Uzumaki Naruto not that they can ever talk without a few punches exchanged between them.

However, Izumi's plan goes different from what she has told Tsunade. She doesn't plan to find Sasuke, her goal is to get far away from the village and request Itachi's presence because she knows, a part of her knows he'll hear. She doesn't know how but she has an idea that he keeps a watch on her or how else had he come to her rescue that night, three years ago.

Her real plan will start after Itachi appears in front of her but she wonders if she is strong enough to go through with her plan?

It's been twenty-four hours without a rest or stop ever since she left the village, if she wanted to reach the border of the fire nation then she was ready to keep moving forward without an ounce of rest. She can't waste any more time that is already been wasted.

The trees between her rustled eerily, but it did not affect the kunoichi who has spend various nights outside the village on missions. The night air was getting a bit chilly as October was near, her bare arms prickled with goosebumps.

Five kilometers ahead is the border village, Tomari. Stopping just at the given distance in a clearing of trees, she observed her surroundings after activating her three tomoe sharingan.

She sensed no chakra or any unusual moment around her, "Itachi-kun! I know you can hear me... So please, come.. please. I need to talk, it's important". She tried her luck, speaking in the darkness alone at this hour of the night.

"Itachi-kun, please". She whispered, clenching her jaw.

The brunette pursed her lips when she felt no motion around her, "Please! Or I'll go to the Akatsuki hideout to find you, doesn't matter if enemies are waiting at my arrival. I will come for you... So ple..."

Her words were interrupted by a harsh wind and the frequent rustling of the tress all of a sudden. She quickly drew out a kunai from her pouch, attached to her right leg.

Her heart was pounding as loudly in her ears as the wind dancing in the twilight when a silhouette approached her from the opposite side.

Crunch! crunch!

Leaves crunched under his foot, his right hand hanging out of his front, the other sleeve flying around aimlessly as the ring on his finger shined brightly under the moonlight.

Itachi-kun

Her kunai lowered on its own as if hypnotized by his mere presence. She could still remember the feeling of his tears falling over her shoulders when he asked for her forgiveness for killing her. She could still remember the feeling of his soft lips breathing life into hers.

As a teenager with a crush, she would always wonder whether Itachi ever liked her back but since the night of the Uchiha massacre it's been quite clear, that he does and he just keeps on proving her right just when she starts to think he doesn't or it was just her heart playing an illusion on her mind.

"Izumi-chan". His rough voice said her name with the most saccharine feeling.

It began hard for her to swallow down when she heard his voice, "Don't say my name like that, Itachi-kun". She requested, as though anguished.

Itachi just nodded, clenching his fist as his carmine gaze met hers, the torment reflecting his own.

"You shouldn't be here".

Izumi shook her head, "I am where I should have been a long time ago".

Even in her most pained state of mind, she looked beautiful as ever to the rouge ninja who never got the time to mesmerize her beauty. There was a time when he was too busy being the double agent between the village and his clan, that he never got the time for himself, so he would use his free time checking over Sasuke and gazing over Izumi's picture in the databook, every ANBU member carries.

"I can't give you what you desire, Izumi-chan". Itachi declared almost heartlessly and she widened in anger.

"What I desire? Not what's the best for Sasuke-kun?". Itachi opened his mouth to speak but Izumi beat him to it, " Don't do this Itachi-kun, don't fight Sasuke! It'll kill him to fight his older brother. Doesn't matter if he says he hates you so much, he loves you even more! His revenge isn't greater than his older brother, you just need to talk to him".

It's been a long time since, Itachi was left flabbergasted and she knows the exact words to make him that way, "It' for the v..."

His vision blackened for a moment or so he thought until he coughed out blood before he fell to his knees, Izumi caught him. His resting face on her shoulder gave him Déjà vu to the time he killed Izumi and her feebly face rested on his shoulder for support.

"Daijōbu, I got you".

━━━━━━

My man would have left behind Sasuke in being a simp if he was alive with Izumi.

Uchiha men are my guilty pleasure 😏😆

IG: @theiawrites

━━━━━━

🌹FOLLOW FOR MORE🌹

━━━━━━