Chapter 2

A frustrated sigh left Izumi as she was tired of looking for the copy ninja all around the village, yet she couldn't seem to find him.

But with the help of Sakura, Kakashi's underlying who told her that Sasuke was summoned by their sensei near the shop which sells sweet dumplings, she was able to figure out his location.

Izumi was a bit confused as to why would Kakashi call Sasuke right now when the genins are on a break because of the intrusion caused by the rogue ninja, Orochimaru.

All the jonins and chunin's were gathered and deployed to watch over a designed area and made sure everything is okay among the civilians.

Brushing off her thoughts she quickly made her way over to the shops, where she saw Kakashi standing there along with Sarutobi Asuma and Yuhi Kurenai, the love birds, Izumi smiled.

"Kakashi-san!". Izumi called out to the silvered-haired ninja, who seemed a bit serious which is a very rare sight.

Itachi's heart stopped for a second when he heard her voice. He couldn't believe his ears.

The air around them was a bit ominous, she could feel it in her instincts and did not miss the way all three of them were on their guard as if preparing for a fight.

What's happening?

"Ah! Izumi-chan!". Kakashi acknowledged awkwardly, scratching his head before his face turned serious as Izumi's eyes followed his, which were indicating towards the shop where two people were sitting, a black cloak with clouds over it catching her eyes as she remembered that the group of rogue ninjas wore this kind of cloak according to the description.

Itachi, the first thought that came into her mind was him even though she can't be sure if it's him, could be another Akatsuki member trying to display their dominance over the leaf village now that the Hokage seat is empty, short on shinobi and a wreck.

But she played along with them, acting nonchalant, "I was looking everywhere for you, arigato Kami! That I found Sakura and she told me that Sasuke-kun was heading in your direction. That's how I found you! ". Izumi displayed her annoyance at the jonin who smiled, sheepishly.

"Ah! Was it that hard?". He asked, still keeping an eye on the figures.

Itachi's heartbeat seemed to pound faster when he heard Kakashi address the girl as Izumi. For a moment or so everything around him seemed to blur in the memory of the night he thought he killed her.

"Nevermind, but the village elders have summoned you to the Hokage's office, alone". Kakashi nodded, looking over the other two jonin who took the signal and vanished along with the two rogue ninjas who were sitting there, a minute ago.

Izumi immediately sensed the emptiness around her as she looked up at Kakashi, in all seriousness, "What's going on?". The stiffness in her voice dawned on Kakashi, making him realize he can't keep this matter away from her, just because Uchiha Itachi is involved.

"A pair of Akatsuki members have infiltrated the village, one of them seems to be Uchiha Itachi the rogue ninja". Izumi's lips parted in shock and her heart started beating in anticipation.

"I-Itachi-kun?". She whispered and Kakashi nodded, " Hai! Now I need you to go back and don't follow, ask for reinforcement. We can't afford for anyone to know about the existence of another Uchiha".

Izumi opened her mouth to argue but Kakashi seems to be adamant about his decision before he vanished in a poof of smoke, leaving her alone there.

The kunoichi has never been the one to make irrational decisions out of her overwhelming emotion which rarely ever overwhelmed her but today, it was meant to be overlooked as she ignored Kakashi's orders and activated her sharingan to relocate their steps.

"Sorry Kakashi-san". Izumi whispered to no one in particular, as she jumped on the building's roof from where she tried to look for chakra signatures of either of her seniors. Much to her disappointment, she couldn't see any familiar chakra around even if she tried to look harder when the copy ninja came into her mind.

Kakashi knew she would try to follow them so he signaled Asuma and Kurenai to conceal their chakra signatures before following behind the rogue ninjas.

Of course, it had to be Kakashi! Tch! He's always one step ahead. He must have guessed I would follow them regardless so he concealed his chakra but also asked them to conceal their'.

Izumi couldn't even be mad at Kakashi for what he did since it's reasonable considering his position. Kakashi can't be blamed for keeping her safe and she knew that too, but what even Kakashi didn't consider was Itachi and Kisame's chakra signatures. Her sharingan immediately saw the path of unregistered chakra signatures and a triumph smile graced her lips.

Looks like now I will have something on you Kakashi-san to tease you!

With that last thought in her mind, she hopped from roof to roof before jumping on a tree to find the person she saw years ago with the sweetness of the genjutsu he put her under.

A peaceful family with the man I love...but now, it's all blurred under the blood of the Uchiha clan and the trickery of the village elders.

How did it come to this Itachi-kun?

━━━━━━

The next chapter will be 'the' chapter where they meet 🏌️.

Izumi is a babe ngl.

IG: @theiawrites

━━━━━━

🎭 FOLLOW FOR MORE 🎭

━━━━━━