"Sorry to interrupt..." I say apologetically.

"Don't be silly child.... How have you been?" Pastor Taylor touches my head.

"I've been good" I tell him. I sense the tension between my parents. Why do they seem to be so distant. This is not what I'm use to. I hope I didn't miss out on anything or this is not my fault.

"Good to see you." He tells me and I give him a warm smile.

"Mrs Mitchell ... just meet me inside my office after you're done here" he says to my mother before walking away.

"I'm leaving now" I say to my dad. My mother's eyes haven't left me.

"Why you don't drive with us back home? Mi think yuh did ago stop by" my dad say. By the look on my mother's face I can tell what she wants to say.

She probably thinks I'm in a haste to go back home with Lando or she is hitching to tell me that I brought a criminal to church to embarrass her.

"I drove Lando here so I think it's only fare for me to bring him back home"

"Ya gwan like him nuh know him way ... give him di key to his car mek him guh home" my mother finally lets her tongue loose and as expected nothing good comes from her mouth. My dad shoots her a warning look.

"Actually it's my car , so my car keys and as I said I drove here so I'll take him back" I tell her. I love her but I will not be bullied.

"Your car ?" She mocks .

"Gracie" my dad mutters through clenched teeth.

She rolls her eyes at him.

"Yes mom I have a car now, daddy it was nice seeing you." I hug him then walk away.

I mean it is nothing to brag about but whenever I mentioned anything about getting my own vehicle she would often times try to talk me out of it or tell me to wait.

Lando's POV

"Mek mi shout yuh back" I say to Lawrence as I see Yanique approaching the car.

"Alright bro" he says to me before I end the call. I reach over and open the door for her. She gets inside and I hand her the keys.

I can't help but realize how sulky she seems.

After everything that transpired between us last night I shouldn't expect her to be bubbly around me.

She starts the car engine.

"You want me to drive instead?" I ask. She pause for a moment to consider it before she gets out of the vehicle and we switch seats.

"Thanks." She tells me. Her voice is low.

I ruined her.

I miss her smile and I would give anything for her to ask me ridiculous questions or give me random hugs.

"You hungry?" I say as I pull out of the parking lot.

I use one hand to caress her thigh and the other hand on the steering wheel.

Something is troubling her.

She slouches in her seat.

"Stop at the pharmacy please" she finally speaks.

Pharmacy. Is she sick?

"I need to get something real quick" she adds. I don't question her about it, I'll just wait to see what she gets.

Couple minutes later I pull over and make a stop at Fontana.

Yanique's POV

I picked up the Pastinor 2 at the pharmacy before we arrived home. Lando has been hesitant to ask me what was the purpose of me making a stop there.