*Chapter 18*

Lando's POV

Sunday 8:01am

My ring tone wakes me from one of the worst rest I've ever experienced. I hissed at the bright light coming through the window.

Fuck it's morning already.

I never wake this late. Last night really did it's number on me.

I reach over for my phone . Who could be calling me at this hours?

Mummy.

"Yeah mum?" My voice is husky and my throat is parched. I get up from the couch and walk to the kitchen.

"You see the time and it sound like yuh just wake big man? ... you're still coming right?"

Still coming ...where ?

Oh fuck! Jade baptism.

I get to the kitchen.

"Yeah mum... pastor nuh do the whole heep a chattings before him get to di baptism part ?" I ask her as I pour myself a glass of orange juice.

"Lando if you a come a baptism you might as well reach in time fi di service. How it ago look if you only come when it almost a finish"

Yanique walks into the kitchen as I was about to leave and steals my attention . I don't have time to debate with my mother about church , I would rather talk to Yanique now that she is calm. At least I hoped she is.

I know last night was a lot for her to handle.

I take notice of what she is wearing.

She is dressed up ... weh she ago?

"Mum mi ago get ready now" I say trying to end the conversation in time to attend to Yanique who hasn't acknowledge me and I'm standing right next to her.

"Alright , just leave out with Yanique. She never late fi church... oh and mi have a bone fi pick wid yuh afta church big man"

Oh ... that explains why Yanique is dressed . I would prefer if she wore something more loose around the hips. This dress fits like a glove but then again, she gain so much weight... she look much more thicker ina everything she put on.

I already know what mum is referring to but Yanique is here so I play it off smoothly. Word is already out that a war is going on in Flanker and my mom knows me well, she can already tell Lawrence is playing apart in it which means so am I.

"Alright then mum" I say before I end the call.

Yanique takes up an apple from the fruit basket then walks out of the kitchen , I follow her. I get that she is angry but I was just standing there and she ignored me like we are enemies. I don't have time for this kind of behavior.

"Weh ya guh?" I get closer to her.

"Church... why are you following behind me?" She ask , sounding annoyed. She bites into the Apple.

We get inside the bedroom and she takes her car key from the bedside table. Then turns around to exit the room, I stand in front of her and she gives me a questioning look.

I don't know if this is the type of games she is use to playing with her ex nerdy boyfriend but she chose the wrong person to do it with now. I don't play the silent treatment game after any argument, I fuck hard and make up or just cut.

But this ....this I'm not fucking use to.

"Mi a come a church... give me 15 minute fi get ready suh we can leave out togedda" I tell Yanique.