*Chapter 23*

Lando's POV

7:45 pm

"Yeah babe?" I answer Yanique's call. I close the front door behind me as I walk to the garage.

"How busy are you?" She ask, sounding exhausted.

"About to go pick up Lawrence from di airport now... mi did a plan fi shout yuh but it's like yuh read mi mind." I get inside my car and pull out of the garage.

"Oh" she says disappointingly.

She already knows that I'm expected to pick up my brother from the airport around this time today. I don't get why she sounds like this.

"Everything good babe?" I ask her , trying to figure out if I missed something.

Things have been going well with us , a few hiccups here and there but there is a lot of growth.

I turn off of my street and accelerate on the main road.

"Yes everything is good." She says

I am still not convince , her tone tells me otherwise but I don't pressure her, probably it's just one of those days.

It feels like hell being this far from her. In the next couple of days everything should smooth out so I can start visiting her and she doesn't have to come here to see me.

At least that is what I hope. The house just doesn't feel the same without her.

"Weh ya cook fi dinner tonight ?"

"I'm not hungry" she lies. Yanique is only not hungry when she is extremely angry at me or something is lingering on her mind which might have to do with something that I did or family issues.

"Yanique from yuh come pan di phone ya behave strange enu. Wah gwan?" My voice is stern, what is she keeping from me?

I cut through the traffic, mi nuh understand why people drive so fucking slow.

"I'm just feeling a bit under the weather and I wanted to hear from you. That's all" she says.

"So why you never tell me this earlier mek mi send Wayne fi yuh. If yuh nuh feel good why yuh wah tan deh suh alone. Yuh want mi come pick yuh up now?"

I'm dead serious too, I'll drive to Kingston right now to get her.

"No , you have to pick up your brother and I'm capable of taking care of myself until I see you tomorrow"

I sigh , Jah know.

She realize I'm not buying it.

"Babe... I'm okay" she giggles.

Not even her laugh nuh sound di same. Something definitely off wid her but one thing I've learnt is to give her space but not too much. She likes having a feeling of independence , so I try to not overstep but sometimes it can be so fucking difficult to do something for her without an argument.

Mi swear it drive mi insane more while but mi wull out cause a just she dat.

"Alright come bright and early a mawning and nuh mek mi come fi yuh" I tell her , meaning every word.

"Okay... safe travel . Let me know when you reach in"

Yanique's POV

"Kiss mi" he says as I am about to end the call.

"Mwaaah" I kiss him over the phone.