After waiting for her for a bit, I see her coming toward me. "Hey, I'm sorry I kept you waiting," she says, pulling me into a hug.

"No, it's okay," I reassure her, "I didn't wait long."

She hooks her arm in mine and we head into the mall. "I swear I will never stay with my mother again. She uses me like I'm her slave."

I laugh at that and she shakes her head. I know she loves her mom even though they have many disagreements and don't seem to get along.

"Girl, I am so glad we are here. Have you heard about this new place that apparently opened last week?" she asks and I shake my head. "Well, let's check it out."

"Okay." I agree, chewing on my bottom lip. When is the right time to talk about this? I'll probably end up chickening out.

Megan leads me through the mall to the second floor, where we find the new store right away. From the outside, it looks like we can find nice things there. I'm excited, but at the same time, I can't focus on what Megan is saying next to me because I have other things on my mind.

We enter the store and start looking through the clothes. Megan finds a few pieces, although she usually always complains that nothing is for her taste. I find a dress and we head to the dressing rooms.

After we step out, Megan moves closer to the mirror. "Remember that eye cream Lizzie recommended?" she asks and I nod as I look at the dress on me from all angles. "It ruined my under-eye area. Look at this!"

She steps in front of me so I can take a closer look. And frankly, I can see what she means by that. "It looks dry. You should get a new one."

"I know. Remind me to buy a new one while we're here." she agrees.

We proceed to try on the rest of the clothes, or rather just Megan because I had only picked out one dress to buy. After paying for our items, we shop for a new cream for Megan.

Finishing our shopping spree, we notice that we are both equally hungry and find a restaurant not far from the mall. The aromas fill my nostrils as we enter the restaurant and we sit down at an empty table.

Megan tells me about her day yesterday with her mother until the waiter stops to ask for our order. Because it's the weekend we decide to order light drinks as well.

"What is up with you today?" Megan asks, biting into her pizza.

I take a sip of my drink. "What do you mean?"

"You haven't said a word today, and usually you're the one doing all the talking," she states with a raised eyebrow. "Do I need to be concerned?"

"I—no, you don't." I take a deep breath, my cheeks burning just thinking about it. "I'm confused and if I don't talk to someone, I'm going to explode and you can scrape me off the wall."

She looks at me suspiciously. "First of all, gross," she comments, leaning back in her seat. "Come on, spit it out."

It's like I've been waiting for those words and I break like a dam, every word spilling out of my mouth like a machine gun.

"We were standing on the balcony, casually talking about bonsai trees and he told me I was talking a lot - which is true - and I didn't see it coming, but he was close - so close - I swear I stopped breathing. But nothing happened and whoosh suddenly he was gone. I had to hide from him - because embarrassing - until he did these nice things." I take a breath and continue. "Yesterday we were at this park and as dumb as I am I UNO-reversed him but +2 times worse and—"