Reaching out - chapter 75

1.5 year in Lom Norway

You sit in a rocking chair with Frigga and Edward in your arms. The three of you are sound asleep. It seems like time is passing so quickly. You can't believe they're already 6 months old. You enjoy every second of sleep you can get. Loki walks in from the shower, he stands quietly watching as you sleep with the children snuggled up closely beside you. He slowly takes them from you arms careful not to wake you up, laying them down in their bascinets.
He grabs a blanket covering you, leaving a gentle kiss on your forehead letting you rest.

"Loki?" You slowly open up you eyes as he walks off.

He turns around. "Sleep y/n you need it"

"I need to be with you" you whisper as you reach your hand out. He scoffs as he walks over to you.

"Are you gonna send those anytime soon?" He questions referring to the letters you wrote weeks ago, still laying perfectly wrapped on the counter.

"I'm scared" you admit.

He picks you up placing you gently on the couch, rubbing your back. "What for?"

"That they'll hate me" you say sadly.

"Send them"

"But I don't want to loose this"

"We have a house waiting for us back home.. every night you have the same dream elskede" he says kindly. It's true.. for the past month you've been dreaming about moving back home. Setting up your life back there.

"What if something goes wrong again?" You ask.

"Then we'll figure it out.. together" he replies, kissing you gently.

"Fine.. don't wake them up while I'm gone okay?" You plead. Loki had a hard time keeping his hands of the children. He was so caring and playfully around them.

"I'll let them rest, now go send them" he assures you.

You walk over grabbing onto the stack of letters you've written to each one of them. As soon as you've delivered them at the post office, you know it's the end. As soon as you did you revealed your secret. reaches out a hand. That means the life you have here as you know it has come to an end. But a new life for your and you family can finally begin. A life back home. You had rewritten them almost every day. And finally you found a way to put your thoughts ands feelings into words

As you get back home you start packing up the life you've been living. The life in peace. Not knowing what might wait for you once you get back home. But as you hold onto Lokis hand, looking as you children sleep peacefully in each of your arms. You know a life with them would be perfect regardless of where you are. Family is for infinity.

Tony is sitting by his desk, as Pepper walks down the stairs.

"Why are you not asleep?" Pepper questions rubbing her eyes.

"I got a letter" he says coldly, tears rolling down from his cheeks.. he hands it to her. As soon as she sees it she drops it on the floor.

"Oh my god"

"Yeah.. she's alive" Tony sobs.

"Read it" she says bowing down to grab the letter. Tony quickly gets up grabbing it before her.

"Be careful, can't have you giving birth right here on the floor" he smiles. "I'll read it"

Pepper slowly sits down beside him, resting her hand on her stomach.. she's 7 months pregnant.

Dear Tony

Where should I start.. An apology is probably in order after everything I've put you through. So here it goes. I'm truly deeply sorry for all the pain and suffering I've put you through these past two years. I've never done anything selfish my entire life. So for once I thought I would. I know I hurt you the most. And believe me I've spent every waken and sleeping moment thinking about you. But ever since I went away there's been peace. For the past 18 months I've been living in Norway with Loki. We've been off the grid... until now. As you're reading this we've probably already left, starting our new life back home. 6 months ago I gave birth to two beautiful healthy babies. Frigga Natalia and Edward James Stark Laufesyon.  Frig and Eddie for short..So moral of the story Not dead.. A mother. And deeply sorry for all the pain I've caused you. Tony I know you've been living with a guilt I could never take of your shoulders. But I got my family, and you got yours. And that's all that's ever mattered to me. Your safety and happiness, that just wasn't in the cards for us when I was around. I thought I was doing the right thing.. and thats always been protecting the one thing I can't live without thats you. Now that's my children and my husband. And I can't let them live in a world without knowing their crazy uncle Tony. So if it's not too late, I really need my big brother by now.. If you can find it within your heart to forgive me, you know where to find me.