I knew him - chapter 38 ४

Tony had returned home to Pepper and Morgan. He hadn't left the cottage in weeks. Pepper was worried sick, she kept in contact with Natasha and Loki. Occasionally someone would report seeing you, but it was always a dead end.. either you were dead. Or someone went through a lot of trouble to make it look like it. There was a meeting back in New York. Tony refused to go. He had locked himself away from everyone. Everyone else was going..

"Honey someone's at the door for you" peppers calms voice calls out.

"I'm busy playing hide and seek with Morgan. I'm hiding"

"Will you just come out"

"Fine" Tony scoffs. As he walks to the door his heart stops. "Why are you here?"

"I've got news Stark" Loki says, his voice is tired he hasn't been sleeping since you went missing.

"You said the exact same thing a week ago" Tony scoffs.

"Well I could feel her this time.. I truly think it's her"

"I don't want to get my hopes up again"

"Me neither, but we have to try"

"Tony please hear the man out okay.. find our girl" pepper says kissing him on the cheek before going in to play with Morgan.

"Alright where is she?"

"The meeting in New York.. we have a feeling she's gonna be there"

"Why would she be there?" Tony asks

"I don't know, but I can feel her. I'm sure"

"Alright reindeer games, suit up"

You're lying on your bed.. you might as well lie on a pile of rocks. Put it's better than metal chairs with electric shock. You can't sleep, you can't think. All you can do is lay in silence, the only thing on your mind is your next mission. The sound of a key entering the lock finally fills the void of silence. The door shuts upen, as a reflex you stand up quickly.

"Mission report"

"804 Fifth Avenue, Manhattan, New York, avengers initiative meeting. Targets, Natalia Alianova Romanova, Clinton Francis Barton, Robert Bruce Banner, Anthony Edward Stark, Wanda Marya Maximoff, James Rupert Rhodes, Nicholas Joseph Fury, Maria Hill"

"убить их и вернуться"

"миссия понята"

The meeting was still going, when Tony storms through the door.

"We need to move now" Tony shouts.

Everyone looks up at him confused.

"What's wrong Tony?" Nat asks

"She's gonna be here" Tony scoffs, his body is shaking. "Y/n.. shes here"

Nat and Wanda quickly get up from their seats.

"What can we do?" Wanda asks.

"We need people covering all floors, Romanoff come with me and loki, the rest of you spread out." Tony exclaims. "No one let her leave"

Tony, Loki and Nat rush to the first floor, adrenaline is rushing through their body, this could be it. They could get you back home. Nat took out a gun from her belt, in case she needed to take a shot.

"Stark, she's on the second floor, she's already taken down 6 guards" Rhodey says through comms. The three of them rush to the stairs.

Tony holds out his hand gesturing for Loki and Nat to stay put. He leans against the wall looking slightly behind it. And there you were taking out security guards one by one without any use of magic. You were strong normally but this strength was unlike anything else... what on earth had the injected you with. Tony sees his window to get closer to you hiding behind another wall. When you had your back turned to him he rushes against you while activating his armor on his right hand, then he fires a shot against you.. yet even with your back turned you avoid it.