The first dance - chapter 58 ४

As the night falls upon the compound. Everything was going perfect. People are drinking, eating, dancing. You and Loki practically haven't gotten a moment to just sit down and talk. There's always someone pulling you away from each other. Yet you share some loving stares every once in a while. Checking up on each other through your minds. You have been looking everywhere for a glance of Bucky. But he's not here.

"Miss Laufeyson" a cheerful voice catches you of guard.

"Hey Sam. Thank you for coming." You say.

"How are you feeling?" He asks.

"I'm ecstatic, he's not here is he?"

"No.. I'm sorry" he says.

"It's fine, he just promised. It's not the same without him here" you admit. As you look around. It's funny how the garden is filled with people. And you feel strangely alone.

"It's hard for him" Sam explains. "He loves you so much. You know that right?"

"Of course I do, I just wish he knew I love him too" "you say sadly. "He's a stubborn asshole sometimes.

"Yeah but so are you, that's why you're friends" Sam laughs.

"I should go find Loki, i haven't had a moment with him yet. But thank you for being here, it means the world to me" you smile giving him a hug.

"Congratulations Mrs. Laufesyon" he chuckles.

You wander off looking for him. Until you find him talking with Tony.

"Can I Borrow him for a minute"

"Sure, but no funny business yet please" Tony scoffs.

Loki grabs your hand as you walk to the small bridge by the lake. Looking back at the party. The fairy lights makes it seem so magical.

"I can't believe you actually married me" Loki smirks.

"Yeah well I have a thing for charity cases" you tease."I'm never leaving you again Mr. Stark laufesyon" you mutter.

"Stark Laufesyon huh?" He chuckles.

"It has a nice ring to it doesn't it"

"Certainly does Mrs. stark laufesyon"

He kisses you passionately holding you tightly. As you rest you head on his chest. Slowly dancing under the moonlight. You decided to wait to have your first dance till midnight. But that didn't mean you couldn't have a little sneak peak yourself. You dance in silence for a bit.

"I overheard you talking to Sam. And im truly sorry he didn't show up" Loki says breaking the silence.

You look up at him. "It's okay, I just really thought he's be here" you admit.

"Follow me" Loki says.

"Where to?" You ask.

"Just come." He assures you.

He takes you a little further away from the party, just near the wooded area. You look around in confusion. What could possibly be out here. When suddenly a familiar frame steps out from the trees. As soon as you realize who it is, you jump into his embrace. He swings you around, looking admiringly at you.

"Well I promised I wasn't gonna miss it didn't I?" He says quietly. You're still holding onto him, afraid he might leave if you let go.

"Im so glad you're here" you cry out. "Thank you" you whisper as you hug him even tighter.

"You look stunning y/n" he says kindly.

Loki looks as you with a hint of sadness in his eyes. But seeing you this happy is worth the jealousy he's feeling inside. Knowing he'll never understand the bond the two of you have formed. And honestly he doesn't want to.