Chapter 8: Shoot Your Shot

Mulai dari awal

Tea went up to you with a glare that stabbed anyone whose eyes it met, oh wait, it was towards you. "Are you insane?! You could have killed me!" She screamed at you with her hands on her hips. "What the heck Tea, she saved your life!?" Mai said as she left Serenity's side since she was reunited with Joey to head on over to being in between you and the furious Tea.

The boys were also back to be with the group when they saw Tea starting an argument with you. "That is besides the point Mai! She had threatened to shoot that hunter guy, what makes you think she wouldn't shoot one of us huh?!" she argued with her arms crossed. Peeking over at you with fury as Mai moved in her line of sight to have her focus on her than you. "Listen to yourself Tea! If she had that kind of intention she would have done it a long time ago right? Lay off!" Mai held her arms out to her side to block Tea from trying to move her to see you.

Mokuba had pulled Tea back by one of her arms while Duke pulled on the other one when he made it back over this chaos. Tea struggled in their arms, mostly trying to not hit Mokuba, she didn't care if she was hitting Duke a few times through her struggle.

Your mind was getting fuzzy as their arguing just now started to fade away. Sounding like they were under water and you descended down, away from the sound. Your body started to sway side to side, you started to feel your body wanting to give itself up. 'Did I spend too much of my energy on those arrows?' You wondered with your eyes to Tea who started to look blurry just like everyone else started to. You saw Jane shouting to you with a worried look in her emerald cat eyes as she was running up to you at such slow speed. 'I can't understand what you're saying Jane . . . You have to speak up, you mangy cat . . . ' You wanted to chuckle at your own thoughts but your energy was draining too quickly to have the will to muster it up.

'. . . I helped you right, other Yugi? . . . Was it good enough?' You fell back into a strong pair of arms. Your eyes were slowly closing.

Mai and Mokuba were going up to you but with a slow blink, in their place was Kari and Yuma. Tears started to fall down from your eyes ". . . Kari . . . Yuma . . " You reached your hand out to them ". . . Can we . . . Finally go home toge . . ." Your hand fell". . . ther . . . ?" Your eyes got too heavy for you to keep them open. Leaning towards the warmth that embraced you. Your warm tears continued to fall on their last set of drops down your cheeks.

Falling unconscious yet again.

»»--♡--««

You slowly opened your eyes to feel something fluffy against your cheek. Meeting a white ceiling that glared beaming light that hurt your vision at first but your eyes soon adjusted to the light. Your (e/c) gazed over to your left to see Jane was curled up right beside your head. Small tears were formed at the corner of her eyes, hanging on for dear life before they dared to fall.

There was also that familiar warmth in one of your hands and in the other was something soft. You shift your body to sit up. You were in an infirmary room apparently. On your left was 'Yugi' and one your right was Mai. Both of them were sound asleep. In a few seats in front of you were Duke and Tristan whose heads were leaning off of one another as they scored in sync. You tried your hardest to not laugh at the sight of them.

Jane felt you shift around, her ears twitched to the sound of you moving, and she groaned as she started to wake up. Blinking those emerald cat eyes before her kitty face gleamed in glee "My lady!" She exclaimed and got on her paws to leap over to your lap. In pure joy that you were awake. You took your hand away from Mai's to gently scratch behind Jane's ear, closing her eyes when you did. "I am sorry I scared you, Jane. I guess I got too cocky into thinking I mastered the dagger's abilities just yet." You let out a long sigh and stopped scratching Jane's kitty ear. Whispering to her to not wake anyone up and be able to talk to her without people thinking you were crazy for talking to a cat you can only see. Well, you can let others see Jane but it wasn't the right exact moment to just present a talking feline to everyone after the shenanigans of today. Jane opened her eyes again to look up at you. "I am just glad you are alright. It hasn't been long since you fainted. Everyone being asleep doesn't mean it has been long, everyone was just exhausted after the events they went through today." Jane explained while looking around at everyone in the room.