CHAPTER 3 A New World, Sudden Danger!

A vast land had sprung into view blanketed by a deep blue sky. It carried an air of majesty as if a plethora of infinite mysteries were deep within. For as far as one could see, towering mountains overlooked the landscape, looming above rich forest filled with wild plants, bizarre flowers, and lofty trees which extended towards unviewable heights.

A soft mist lingered in the surroundings as the hour slowly approached dawn. There were shuffling movements in the brushes, vibrations from heavy footsteps as sonorous cries sounded from unknown beasts. Each added a feral flare to the environment as if to convey its wildness.

If one followed these howls and peered through the fading haze, one would see a few silhouettes. Some had familiar shapes of rabbits, wolves, and other Earth-like animals, while others seemed bizarre, not like any beast found in our everyday world. A cat with four tails, a tiger with three eyes, a cobra with the head of a frog, and many others that would only bring wonder to any eyes.

A few of these creatures perched on top of high branches, peering over from a distance as others lurked deeply in the bushes. Their eyes had a cold glimmer as they aimed for a good hunt of morning prey.

In this wildland, filled with beasts of such savage nature, there weren't many who would dare to wander here, as it was all too known just what kind of disaster would await them if they ventured through the depths of such peaks. An end like no other, in the belly of the beasts. Yet, despite this fact, a poor unknowing family would be destined to fall prey to its boundaries.

It happened instantly; an odd sound like the space itself tore apart echoed above an open field. In that second, a portal formed with a complicated diagram that glowed within the region.

Eventually, a few light rays flew out of the rift and fell on the diagram. It didn't take long for these lights to expand before they formed into the figures of four individuals that hovered in the air. The chart faded as they touched down on the verdant floor, and the scene returned to normal.

"Argh," Marius groaned in pain. He held the side of his head while he looked at his family's situation.

Shit, of all times, the side effect of that thing is kicking in now. Just my luck!

It was the effects of using his Empowerment skill in a world that didn't accept its existence. Instantly, he felt a feeling of tiredness, but as if something strange had happened, a unique power from the atmosphere gushed into his body, one that caused the fatigue and pain he felt to ease up by a section.

Marius was surprised by this as he knew these effects from using his skill would only worsen around this time. However, right now, he knew that now wasn't the time to ponder it.

Marius was surprised; he never thought he would have encountered such an occurrence. To be summoned to another world so suddenly, he didn't know whether to be excited or angry. Nevertheless, with his abundant experience from his past professions, he recovered and got to the matter at hand.

"Ria, we must hurry! I don't know what's happening, but I can sense a few dangerous presences in this forest. We must take the kids and find shelter immediately," Marius said, making quick judgment after looking around this unfamiliar environment. He even felt a tinge of anxiousness due to the strange roars he was hearing.

Like his father, Grevlin was also an oddly mature child for his age and didn't act out in a panic. He trembled a bit and edged as close as possible to Marius as he tried to hide his fear. He then looked up at his father and asked with worried eyes, "Father, where are we?"

Marius looked away from the surroundings; his attention turned to his son, only to notice the fear in his eyes. He sighed and patted his head as he spoke, "Grev, I don't know, but we need to leave for now. We can figure everything out once we've found safety."