Memories

Aithne Blaize

"Kailangan mo nang tumakas."

"Why would you even think that I would do that?!"

"Kung hindi ka tatakas ng mag-isa ngayon, makukuha nila tayong tatlo." He looked at me in the eyes, "Just like I tell you everyday, it'll always be you over me."

"What makes you think that's even better?"

"Better than you being caught, spark." His eyes we're telling me that he was certain of his decision, that nothing could change his mind.

"Shut up! I can take them on and save the both of y--"

"No you can't." He held me by my shoulders and shook his head, "Alam mong hindi mo kaya."

"You and your siblings are the only ones who can defeat him, if he gets you now, that would just put your home in more danger than it is now."

Umiling ako, ni hindi ko nga namalayang umiiyak na pala ako, "No! We made a promise! Don't you dare fucking break it!"

Mapait siyang ngumiti sa akin, "Well, they do say promises are meant to be broken."

"Bullshit! I'm not leaving you!"

"Spark..." He touched my cheek and gently kissed my forehead, "Then you leave me no choice."

I jolted from my bed after blacking out from that scene. 

It was a dream.

Why did I suddenly dream about what happened back then? I did have the same dreams before, just right after the accident, but they never came back to me again after I chose to shut those memories off. 

Was it because of Jace? Did he trigger the memories to resurface because he's back?

Maxwell...

"Aithne?" I was pulled away from my thoughts when Raine knocked on my door, "Gising ka na ba?"

"I am." I replied as I got off of my bed to open the door.

"Tita Yna gave us the go signal. Handa na ba 'yung mga gamit mo?"

I nodded, "I packed last night."

"Okay." She smiled, "Tulog pa sina Aria at Caprice. "'Di ko muna ginising kasi mamaya pa naman tayo aalis."

"That's fine." I acknowledged, "I'll just shower and help you with breakfast."

"Hindi na kailangan. Malapit na rin naman akong matapos nang tumawag si tita." 

"Alright." She left my room and I headed to the bathroom.

Under the cold running water, my thoughts came back.

Why did I suddenly dream of Maxwell again? After all these years?

"Ikaw na naman?" I looked at the guy who I bumped into while I was on my way back from an errand.

"You are?" I don't remember having any significant memory to let myself remember who this was even if I ever did have an encounter with him.

"Mama!" A kid hidden from behind him came rushing to me. By reflex, I held him just so the both of us wouldn't fall over.

"I'm not you mother, kid." This feels like it happened before. I looked at the kid as he did to me.

And there it dawned on me. These were the people Raine and I met a couple of months back. The kid who almost got ran over by a car and called me his mother.