Enquiring pt1

Yeona POV-

"Ah! Yeona right? Please come in."

I walked in, giving a small smile to mask my grief of my parents' death, which was choking my entire existence.

I have to find those murderers. I won't let it go, assuming that it's those ghosts.

I looked around, pretending to casually sightsee, to search for some hints. On the right, there were three black leathered and back tufted chairs for his customers which faced a wide and large mirror, polished and spotless.

On the left there was a modest sofa, in light pink. In the far end of the left corner stood an old bicycle with a pair of gloves. Before I could observe more, the young, bright smiled man spoke up.

"I'm Jung Hoseok. Your neighbour. This is my barber shop."

"Oh... About my parents...", I began. I couldn't continue because it hurt a lot, more than I could show.

"Ah I'm really sorry... It was really unexpected. I was totally shocked...", He said, sorrowfully.

"Could you tell me what were you doing at that time? How did you get to know that... It happened?"

"My friend, Min Yoongi, who lives nearby knocked at my door, when I was practicing for a competition."

"Competition? In the middle of the night?", I asked, doubtfully.

"The beauty competition was just a day away, and I wanted to do my best..."

"What happened to the competition?", I asked, realising that the incident would have cancelled or postponed the competition to another day.

"It's postponed to tomorrow..."

"Oh."

This guy seems suspicious... Why would someone practice until midnight for a beauty competition?

This seems like a feeble reason... I don't know why. Probably just because I can't buy it.

"Would you like to have something?", He asked, smiling brightly.

I returned the smile, shaking my head. "No, no. Just wanted to know my neighbours..."

He gave a small bow, as I left. I walked out, sighing. "Mom, dad, I'm gonna find who's it. And until then, I'm not going back."

I walked to the next house. The nameplate had '민 윤기' (Min Yoongi) carved on it. I knocked at the door, after taking a deep breath. I've heard my parents talk about him.

He's a weird guy, they said.  Doesn't talk to anyone else much, except Hoseok, roams around the graveyard in the middle of the night and his way of thinking and talking just baffles the others.

Once, my mom told me, that a wife was waiting for her husband to come back home, worried, because it was pretty late in the night. Yoongi, who was passing by enquired about her worried expression and she told him about her concern. He just casually proclaimed as if it was a normal thing, that her husband would have died by a car accident because his company's rival is jealous of his success.

And lo and behold, he had died from a car accident, and exactly like how Yoongi said... due to his rival's jealousy.

He's a really suspicious person. How does he know all that stuff?

No one answered to the knock. I rang the bell this time. I waited for a few minutes.

"Probably he's gone out...", I muttered to myself, partially relieved, because I surely didn't want to encounter him.