Chapter 1

Louis's POV:

"Are you fucking kidding with me right now!?" I asked my mother, yelling at her. It hasn't even been a month! How could she do this to me? Fuck, how could she do this to Dad?

"Hon, language! I know that you are upset, but that don't mean you can talk to me like that!" Mum said to me pointing an index finger at me. Seriously? Our relationship is hanging by a thread and she's worried about my language? What the hell is wrong with her?

She continues, "I know it's not easy for you, but please atleast let him have a chance. He is a good person. He has lost someone too. I think we could support each other and get through this together. And he has a kid too. You guys could get along well an-"

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I said with tears brimming at the corner of my eyes.
I can't believe this is her! My mother! The woman who was so happy when she married Mark. The same woman who had screeched and wailed in pain, on seeing him lying there, unmoving and cold. Has she moved on that easily? Did he mean nothing to her? Was this all going on from way before? Was she going to ask for divorce? Was she and this Dan- My thoughts get interrupted by my mum, calling my name and asking me something, which I didn't understand.

She pulls me in a close hug when she sees the tears in my eyes and starts rubbing my back, "Louis, Louis hon, baby, I am so sorry. I know this is hard for you but you nee-"

"And it isn't hard for you?" I ask her interrupting her fake soothing. She says nothing just stares at the ground. Wow! She can't even deny it!? I waited another second for her to say something or atleast cry, but she did nothing. She just sat there. I couldn't take this anymore. This was not the person who had raised me! And surely not the one with whom Mark fell in love with!
Wiping tears off my face, that had rolled down to my cheeks, I got up from the couch we were sitting on and started walking towards my room, upstairs.

"They'll be here in an hour. I think you should clean up Lottie's room, seeing as you won't be sharing your room." My mum said non-chalantly, like we didn't just have a mind numbing conversation. I didn't respond. I just walked up the stairs, into my room and closed the door. I sat down on my bed completely shocked. This is not how I imagined my morning to start like. I picked up my phone from my nightstand and messaged Zayn, my best friend.

"Are you free today? Can I come to your house today?" I sent the message, hoping he would respond a yes and I will get to get out of this shithole that used to feel like home. I plop down on my back leaving my feet hanging from the bed, waiting for his reply. I close my eyes and then,

*Ding*

"Yeah sure mate. 3 o'clock sounds good?"

"Yup! Thank you Zayn."

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah...why?"

"You never thanked me for anything before. I am worried mate! 😂"

"Well, I am feeling generous today!"

"Yeah, yeah. See you soon! Bye!"

"Bye"

I close my eyes and wish for the time to just quickly pass. I remembered what my mother had asked me to do, "Clean Lottie's room". Fuck that! I am not gonna just rent out my sister's room to some stranger! They can just sleep in the guest room! I hope something will prevent this Dan and his kid from entering my house. Fuck! How will I live here like this!?

Hope you guys will like it... :)