Nani 🎹

Nani is a 19-year-old young man who will still complete his studies to enter college, he doesn't know exactly which course he's going to take, he just knows he wants something that gives him a lot of money, maybe a doctor or a lawyer, not that he be super greedy, or identify with any of these professions, but he really just wants to be able to provide a comfortable life for his family.

Nani's family consists of him, his mother, father and 4 younger brothers, a 13-year-old twins, an 8-year-old girl and recently one more boy.

Nani's mother had an unwanted pregnancy and had him at the age of 15, despite the difficulties she continued her relationship with her partner, Nani's father who at the time was 17 years old, the two are still together to this day and have had more children, however. the last pregnancy was not in the plans and even using the IUD she ended up getting pregnant.

The real problem is that her husband has just been fired from the company he worked for and is having difficulty finding a new job, Nani's mother tries to put money at home selling food near a college, but in fact the situation is more complicated than ever before.

As much as he wants to focus on his studies to get into a good college, Nani can't ignore the problems his family has been facing at home, he's the oldest son and with that, he needs to help at home too, he decides to look for work, college plans will have to be put aside for now.

He found a job in a cafe, but the owner is very demanding and ignorant, since Nani's first day at work, he's been listening to complaints and lectures even when it's not even his fault, however humiliating it is to be clearly exploited by the owner having to stay late for example, Nani swallows all his pride because that job is really important to him.

It's been about 3 months since you started work and things seem to be looking up for your family. Her father got a job as a janitor, he earns less than before but at least it's something, Nani keeps working because she understands that being three adults in the house, he definitely needs to help support his siblings.

But one episode completely changed his life. In another day of work he met a girl named Mei, she was clearly playing charm to him but he never responded, Mei asked for an iced coffee and when serving it to her, the girl took advantage of her inclination to run her hand on his neck, Then a young man appeared saying:

- What are you doing with my girlfriend?

Nani didn't even have time to answer because he was punched in the face and soon after the boy threw a chair at him.

Her boss showed up soon after asking what had happened, and the boy yelling said that Nani had harassed his girlfriend, Mei in turn didn't say a word in Nani's defense and just asked her boyfriend to leave.

Nani denied the accusation but her boss wouldn't listen to him and fired him soon after.

- I knew I was getting a headache by accepting people like you here, people of your level only give a headache and bring confusion anywhere. Go away and you don't have to come back!

Nani didn't try to argue because he knew it was useless, he knew his boss never liked him and treated him with superiority from the beginning, he always exploited him and just waited for any reason to fire him screaming.

Despite everything, he was feeling better about not having to see that man's face again, as well as having to keep hearing screams for whatever reason, but his feeling quickly changed when he remembered his family's plight. And now?

Nani spent the rest of his day sitting in a park watching people move around and trying to think of a solution. When she returned home, she pretended that nothing happened, he didn't tell her that he was out of work and the next day he would leave as if he were going to work, but in fact he would be looking for another one.

Nani left home early and started looking for work, went through restaurants, bars, shops... All kinds of shops, and nothing. It was really difficult to find and he was already discouraged when he saw a line with some people in front of what seemed to be a dance school, when approaching he saw a poster with the writing "vacancy for janitor", that was his chance?

He didn't think twice and got in line, in fact there weren't many people in line, and most of them were people much older than him, gentlemen, and that counted a lot in his favor.

When his turn came, he went through a quick interview, a tall girl with a thin face and nose welcomed him, she had Western features and looked like she was tired of interviewing so many people, but when he saw Nani his face immediately lit up and she gave him a nice smile, after asking the normal questions that usually happen in interviews she turned her attention to Nani and said bluntly:

- To be honest with you, we didn't expect young people to apply for cleaning jobs, usually the young people here are just dancers, but that's not bad, being young you will start and finish cleaning quickly, and as we are preparing for a great presentation we need cleaning done quickly.So here's your condition:You'll be cleaning this whole week and if all goes well, the spot is yours! Be discreet and punctual, clean what needs to be cleaned and when you're done, leave.Any questions?

- Not really, when do I start?

- tomorrow! I'll give you your uniform and email you your schedule later.

Remember punctuality, students need to get here and find the rooms clean and organized.

- I understand, tomorrow I'll be here at the correct time!

____________________________

Nani returned home much better than when he left, all worry about work left his back, he didn't know what his new job would be like but it was still a new beginning.

Arriving home his mother soon found it strange his return so early, he soon told the whole truth, that he was fired but then reassured her about the new job.

Nani went upstairs and went straight to his room, he threw himself on the bed and not even 10 minutes had passed and he was already sleeping the sleep he didn't have the night before.He needed to recharge his energy well for tomorrow's work at the ballet school!