Boba, Waffles, and Interruptions

Start from the beginning

Lance huffed, but he felt the heat crawl up his neck. He was not about to lose face in front of Pidge,"Shut up. It's just in case." Pidge snickered again,"Do you have a Plan B then?" Lance fumed, his blush now evident,"Whatever."

Allura sighed and rubbed her temples in frustration,"Alright, tomorrow Hunk and Pidge will go to the counter and Lance can get his chance to walk around and talk to Keith. Got it?" They nodded,"Yes ma'am!" She smiled as her heels clacked as she walked away. Lance never loved her more.

~

Lance woke up and immediately did his extra special occasion skincare treatment which took four hours. As he did he listened to the most romantic songs and encouraging love podcasts. He woke up at four to choose his outfit, even though he knew full well it would be covered by his short light blue apron. But at least he could think up of something to make it match.

When he arrived at work, his eyes were bright and excited for the day. In the morning, he worked at the counter with James Griffin, but hell he was still in a good mood and waited for noon to come by. Once the clock stroke twelve, he called for Hunk and Pidge in a singsong voice and practically danced as he grabbed the broom and hummed to the music as he swept the floor like Cinderella.

Then Keith walked in a few minutes later and Lance's happy mood changed into a nonchalant everything's-fine mood. He walked around for a few minutes and little by little, started at the right side of the store and talked to customers for a few minutes, cleaned up their trash.

Pidge watched him with a small smirk playing on their lips. But everything changed when Keith came in. They watched the handsome boy closely as saw Lance sneak a glance with red cheeks before looking away. He wore a red turtleneck and black coat, and he almost looked like a business man with his ponytail. 

Pidge's eyes widened and their mouth dropped to the floor. After Lance had looked away, Keith looked over and noticed that Lance wasn't at his usual spot in the counter and instead walking around. His eyes widened and his cheeks grew a pink tint as he shook his head and walked to his signature spot in his seat. Pidge nudged Hunk's hip,"Hunk, look at Keith." Hunk looked over,"What of it?" Pidge frowned,"How come he just now looked at Lance and blushed? It's not like he's noticed him before." They watched Lance subtly make his way slowly over to Keith's table, stopping to help and talk to other customers to not make it look to obviously.

At one point, Lance stopped and rested a hand on his hip as he talked gleefully to the elderly woman at a table somewhat far from Keith. Pidge saw Keith look over and Lance made a sudden movement. It was simple, just smiling brightly and tucking a lock of hair behind his ear to the woman but nothing left Pidge's eyes. Keith turned bright red and quickly looked down at his computer, wearing his red glasses for blue light. The blue light shined on his eyes and covered them a little but Pidge saw as he repeatedly looked up and glanced at Lance before blushing and ducking his head away. Pidge gasped,"Unless he has!"

Keith had a crush on Lance too! It was tremendously obvious! Anybody could tell! Pidge elbowed Hunk again but they didn't need to. Hunk's jaw fell to the floor,"I saw it too! That-That blush!" Pidge grinned slyly,"This is gonna be fun." 

However, Lance slowly cleaned up tables and talked to customers in a happy bright voice and shining blue eyes. Nothing could destroy his mood. Right?

Right?

RiGhT?

Pidge and Hunk both saw that every time Lance got slightly closer to Keith's table, Keith would turn red and he'd shift nervously and he bite his lip. Hunk saw Keith's red and warm flustered face so he lowered the temperature to give him some coolness. Lance didn't look at Keith too much, just not to make it obvious. He started to make his way to the third table away from Keith and Keith suddenly put away his computer and pulled out a book. Persuasion by Jane Austin.