Leakira

Art by nasenaya on Instagram! Also, I don't know too much about Leakira universe, so Lance is Leandro. Keith is Akira. Allura is Allura. Pidge is Pidge. Hunk is Hunk. Shiro is Shiro and yeah. Not all characters are in this though.

Thank you for the request!!!!

Warning:Slight blood and gore, not too bad

"How's 'Kira doing? I hope he's not pushing himself too much like always after that one fight. I don't like it when he hurts himself then trains like we're gonna fight a whole army of galra or something, though his hair in a ponytail looks very nice-," Leandro's thoughts were cut off by a blood-curling frustrated scream. He jolted in the middle of the hallway and then hears a loud metal clang and the sound of one of the doors opening. He runs to the room, which is of course Akira's, and a used up black stained bottle of black hair dye rolled to Lea's feet. Leandro frowned and peeked in through the door. Akira was standing there with a wet shirt with un even shades of black splatters on his shirt and looking to the floor his chest heaving. His dripping black locks...wait. Lea frowned. In their recent battle, Akira came into contact with a strange substance during their last battle and the ends of his hair turned bleach white. Lea thought it didn't look bad at all, like an ombre. But 'Kira was determined to get his old hair back. "Hey..Akira...are you okay?" Akira sighed and looked up, lips curved downwards,"I'm fine. It's just....this stupid white hair. I hate it. The dye isn't working, either." Lea stepped int he room and leaned on the door frame as Akira grabbed a wet towel and washed his hands. "Woah woah woah. Please, 'Kira. If anyone has hair like yours, hairdressers would go out of business!"

'Kira looked up at Lea, not sure of how to think of it. He set down the towel and huffed, his arms crossing,"Shut up." He ducked his head but not before Lea could see the small curve of his lips into a soft smile or the redness of his cheeks,"That was dumb." Lea hummed,"Anything to make you smile, 'Kira." Akira huffed again and playfully rolled his eyes,"I told you to stop it with that stupid nickname. It's dumb." Lea shrugged and gave Akira a two finger salute. "It's suits you."

~

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, FUUUCK!" Akira accelerated his infamous motorcycle, Leandro bracing on for dear life. He turned back and shot his pistol, red rays of light shooting out like lightning. Akira growled like this was an annoying chore he had to  do,"They're gaining on us, Lea!" Leandro turned back to glare at him harshly, tucking his pistol back into his pocket,"Yeah, yeah. Whatever you do, don't speed up. We're low on FUEEEEEEEEEEELLLL-" He was cut off the the sound of the hastening engine and smoke drills from the tires against the burning road of the ruined city. Lance wanted to roll his eyes but then they would pop out considering how fast they were going.

Lea pulled out his phone as Akira started to slowly slow down,"Allura! Pidge! Can you hear me??!! They're gonna kill us for saving innocent people and taking the galra's already stolen money?!!We need help over here!!" Akira grabbed Lea's wrist and yanked on it, yelling into the phone,"No we don't!" Lea looked back and saw the galra in their cars, shooting at them,"They're coming this way!!" Akira drove his way through the alleys in the broken down city, the crumbles and ruins of tall buildings scattered among the floor. The short remain of one came tumbling down in Lea and Akira's direction. Akira managed to manuver it and the dust and rubble delayed the galra for a short time. Akira stopped and turned to Lea, setting his yellow goggles on his head and lowering the bandana on his nose to his chin,"Alright, I think we have to separate and meet with Allura and Pidge separately. The galra won't expect that so just split up and we'll meet somewhere with the trackers." Lea gasped for air, heart racing and adrenaline pumping through his body,"Yeah." He leaned forward and kissed Akira's cheek. He pulled back and winked, smiling softly. "Also, I like the hair." Akira's hand reached up and grazed his cheek, then felt the white ends of his hair, red dusting across his cheeks.

~

Hours passed, and they were separated long enough. Rain was heavy. Akira had already lost Pidge after he found them in the city ruins. He could hear distant shooting not to far from him but he couldn't care. He muttered to himself. He hated being separated from Lea. They had been rivals, then friends and partners together. A strong bond that he was sure could not be broken, so these recent feelings-

They can't happen.

Akira heaved a heavy sigh, and subconsciously his hand twisted in the ends of his white hair.

Suddenly, he heard a loud groan and he looked around him, knife in hand, preparing to strike if necessary. His eyes widened.

"Lea!" Akira sprinted towards Lea's seemingly unconscious body. He had been shot, bad. His bangs were in his face, forehead caked in sweat. Smoke drills were flying from the cement behind Lea, the laser shot burning a small hole through the wall. But it didn't miss him completely. Miraculously, it only burned his flesh severely and thankfully, Allura designed new treatment for this sort of thing. However...they hadn't been tested yet. If they used it on Lea, there were probably low chances of him surviving. Lea groaned again and Akira lifted his body a little, enough to rest Lea's back on his knee to provide small comfort,"Leandro, what the fuck!?" Lea coughed and forced down the vomit and blood that was threatening to go out. "It hurts." Akira sighed,"Of course it does, you idiot. Don't worry. We'll get you to Allura and she'll help." Lea mumbled and moaned in pain under his breath,"'Lura?"

Akira resisted the small pang of jealousy and with a shaking hand, raked his fingers through Lea's hair, pulling back his wavy, naturally slightly curled matted hair. He was about to pick him up before he saw it. A hole in his stomach, burnt and still hot. "Holy shit, Lea." Lea chuckled slightly but it shifted into a whimper. "'Kira..." Akira's gaze didn't leave the wound for a few second, horror spreading his face. He shook his head,"You'll be fine." Akira was surprisingly calm, being the hot-head temperamental grumpy kitten as Lea liked to describe it.

Lea huffed and muttered softly,"I don't think I'm gonna make it." Akira rolled his eyes,"Shut up. You've survived worse." Lea huffed again,"I really haven't." Akira shook his head,"Just...shut up." He grabbed a few spare bandages he always carried with him in his pocket and began to wrap up his stomach. Lea grabbed his wrist, stopping him,"Let me say something." Akira glared at him,"I said shut up, so stop talking." Lea refused, pleading,"'Kira, please. I'm not going without saying this." Akira shut his eyes,"Stop, no, please, don't do this, Lea. It's stupid, it's so stupid." Lea forced a laugh,"'Kira, last words are supposed to be meaningful.." Akira clenched his jacket,"S-SHUT UP!" 

And just like that Lea knew why Akira was trying to be calm. He was scared. Hot-shot, cool, fear-less invincible Akira Kogane was terrified.

Lea reached up and lightly brushed his cheek and he sat up, back once again against the wall,"I need to say this." Akira blinked away incoming tears,"Please, not right now. Let me get you to base and you'll tell me then..." Lea sighed,"I need to have a chance to tell you now, or I'll lose it forever." Akira mumbled,"Lea, not now-"

"You and I both know it. We've been hiding from it but I'm done. We both know it, stop denying it. Nothing's gonna stop me from saying it now." Akira scoffed lightly in disbelief,"I-I'm not denying it. Just not right now, Leandro. Not as your last."

Lea reached up and grabbed the nape of his neck, pulling him closer,"'Kira, I love you, okay? Do you understand me? I'm in love with you and I know you feel the same. I wasn't gonna go without saying that, okay?....I love you." Akira bent down and kissed him softly, closing his eyes and refusing tears to spill out. 

"I-I managed to send the emergency signal and our location. Pidge and Allura should be here soon, just hang on..." He murmued softly against his lips. Lea cracked a soft smile, "You're beautiful." Akira kissed him again and didn't let go.

~

Lea woke up after weeks of being constantly checked on and in exquisite medical treatments. The paladins were ready to see him again. Lea was in a brief coma but Allura came rushing in with news he had woken up. 

Leandro sat up in his bed as he heard the pitter patter noises of his friends running to his room. He stretched out his arms and the door was kicked down.

Immediately, arms wrapped around him and soft lips met his. As Akira pulled away, Lea grinned,"Someone missed me."

"Shut up."

"Love you too, babe."