Chapter 06: Cooperation

It was a late afternoon. Classes just got done and students started packing up their belongings. It has been 15 days since the new school year began. In Class D, students already formed cliques and go-to groups with their classmates. There were very few students who didn't seem to have any friends yet.

Muren was looking at the messages in his phone. There were a few messages left to be read on group chats and some plans to visit new places that his classmates recently discovered. During his time in ANHS, he got to know some people and became more familiar with the routine of a high school student. Although there were some negatives to tolerate, there were also several positives to enjoy during his time here.

However, Muren planned to do something different today. He notified someone in advance yesterday in order to meet them right after class ended. He started heading to the special building, where they agreed to meet.

.

.

.

.

Muren arrived at the building in advance. He waited for the person to come while standing near the glass window on the third floor. There was still about 15 minutes left before the time the person said he would arrive by, so Muren was on his phone and killed time till then.

Over 10 minutes later, a silhouette approached Muren and stood across him.

"Was it you that called me over, kouhai?"

This person who just arrived seemed to be a male senior student who was also wearing his student uniform. He had his hair parted neatly to the side and had a straight back without any visible hunches. He gave the impression of someone disciplined and studious.

"Vice-President Kiriyama. Thank you for coming." It was none other than the second-year Class B's leader who also used to be a Class A student, Kiriyama Ikuto.

"Did we really have to meet in this place? I don't understand why you kept insisting on meeting me here." Kiriyama pretended to not understand why Muren wanted to meet in the special building's hallway in particular.

"I would like to keep this meeting a secret. It would be best for both of us if we don't let the school have any unnecessary suspicions." Muren explained his reasoning, but didn't elaborate on the lack of cameras in the hallway.

"What do you want to do?" Kiriyama asked Muren with furrowed eyebrows.

"I have some concerns regarding my class and I hope to urgently consult it with someone from the Student Council." Muren's words seemed serious, but his tone didn't contain any anxiety when he said it.

Kiriyama stared at Muren pensively. He seemed to be in deep thought about his situation. It's rare for the student council to be involved in class affairs, especially when it's been less than half a month since school started.

"Is it something a teacher can't help you with?" Kiriyama asked for confirmation. Muren simply nodded in response.

"I also want to talk to a senpai from Class A, preferably from the student council. Could you accompany me to meet either President Horikita or Vice-President Nagumo?"

"That's not necessary. I-" Kiriyama cut his words short. He stopped himself from saying anything crucial that a new student shouldn't know.

"Please choose, senpai." Muren deeply looked into his eyes. His words and expression were laced with hidden meanings. He pretended that he didn't notice Kiriyama's previous slip of words.

Kiriyama paused. He looked back at Muren with narrowed eyes and a frown. But he soon recomposed himself.

"Follow me. If you really want to see someone from Class A, then I'll take you to them."