Chapter 03: Public Outrage

Seeing that the latecomer finally took his seat, Chabashira-sensei prepared to continue the explanation. She didn't comment on Muren's previous strange actions, "As I was saying, I will now hand out your student ID cards. By using your card, you can access any of the facilities on campus, purchase goods from the store, and so on. It acts like a credit card. However, it is imperative that you pay attention to the points you spend. At this school, you can use points to buy anything. Anything located on the school premise is available for purchase."

Muren listened to her with a flat expression, his eyes narrowed. He didn't care about the part where you can buy anything with private points since he already knew this. When hearing it himself while paying careful attention, it's certainly odd how she emphasized what you can purchase with points when she already talked about it in the previous sentences.

But he was more interested in Chabashira's warning to pay attention to the points you spend. Is she only trying to say that the private points you can receive are limited? No... she's saying that every points purchase can end up being very important and meaningful. If you're very careful and manage to control the flow of points within your class, you can end up making some ridiculous purchases. He suspected it could be even more ridiculous than buying test scores and buying your way into Class A. I wonder if it's possible to directly purchase with class points too.

"Your student cards can be used simply by swiping them through the machine scanner. The method is simple, so you shouldn't get confused. Points are automatically deposited into your account on the first of every month. You should all have received 100,000 points already. Keep in mind that one point is worth one yen. No further explanation should be necessary."

A commotion immediately erupted in the classroom. Muren glanced around, most of the people were too surprised by what they just heard.

"Shocked by the amount of points you've been given? This school evaluates its students' talents. Everyone here has passed the entrance examination, which itself speaks to your value and potential. The amount you've received reflects the evaluation of your worth. You can use your points without restraint. After graduation, however, all your points return to the school. Because it's impossible to exchange your points for cash, there's no advantage to saving them. Once points have been deposited into your account, it's up to you how to spend them. Do as you like. In the event that you don't want to spend your points, you may transfer them to someone else. However, extorting money from your peers is not allowed. This school monitors bullying very carefully."

What an incredibly irresponsible thing to say. Muren sneered in his mind. Chabashira blatantly encouraged her students to do whatever they wanted with their private points. Is this what the school told her to say? Or did she add those words on her own?

"Well, it appears no one has any questions. I hope that you enjoy your time here as students."

The students didn't have any time to ask questions. Their mind was still occupied by the amount of private points they received. Ike turned to those around him, ready to talk about the places he's going to go to and explore all the facilities. Sotomura was visibly excited by the sudden boon he received out of nowhere, his hands were counting everything he had in mind to buy. Hirata seemed happy for others and didn't say anything to interrupt their thoughts. The purchasing power of 100 thousand yen, the things they would do if they could get their hands on them. Since even the teacher gave them the green light, they should just spend their money however they like in a place with all sorts of stores and facilities, right?

"Where do you think you're going, sensei?"

Muren slowly got up and stopped Chabashira with his words before she can escape. There's no way he would allow things to develop as they did originally. He had several methods to gain a huge advantage for his class.