18. sun and storm

🎵You're All I Want — Cigarettes After Sex

I'm woken up by the sharp crack of thunder, so startling that it seems to shake the entire room. The rain is pouring heavily against the tall windows. I open my eyes, and despite the sparse light in the bedroom, my heart swells in my chest when I look down to see Aurelia nestled against my chest.

Her cheek and her lips are squeezed against my body, her chest gently heaving up and down with each of her soft breaths. Her hair flutters with the draft the air conditioning brings, and goosebumps rise on her bare skin. Beautiful woman; I wonder what she's dreaming of right now.

She was in my dreams last night, running wildly among a field of sunflowers in my mind.

I pull the comforter up over her shoulders, carefully as to not wake her up. She's even effortlessly beautiful asleep; I could stare at her for hours. I bring my hand down slowly, lightly tracing her cheek as I brush her soft hair back. In her sleep, Aurelia lets loose a soft, sweet sigh, and I can't help the smile that creeps up onto my face.

Perfection.

I know I'm in deep, even deeper after us sleeping together last night — after the several times we slept together last night. The memories flicker by in my mind; her hands gripped on my shoulders, then her legs thrown over my shoulders; her moans loud enough to echo throughout the room, then soft in my ear as she came down.

She has far more tinier tattoos than just the sunflower one behind her ear; she has her mum's name, Estelle, in a pretty cursive up on her bicep; she also has a little red heart on her ankle. On the back of her neck, there is the tiniest set of angel wings.

I bring my attention back to this same beautiful woman in my arms. This now goes far beyond sex; the sex only truly cemented my feelings for her, but physical intimacy aside, Aurelia Moon makes the blood in my veins sing.

Fitting, since she is the one that makes me want to sing.

Another sudden burst of thunder crashes, causing Aurelia to stir in my arms. I immediately drop my hand from her hair and screw my eyes shut tight; I don't want her to know that I've been admiring her while she slept.

What if she thinks it's creepy?

I can feel her move against my chest, pulling the covers up even higher. Sweet little thing, she must still be cold. I feel her move again, almost as if she angles her body up towards me. I lay still, willing that whatever little acting skills I have come to my aid.

I suddenly feel the light touch of her fingertips against my eyelashes, and it takes everything in me to stay still and not flutter my eyelashes. I desperately want to open my eyes to her own honey colored eyes in the morning and that sweet smile.

Her finger gently travels down to the bridge of my nose, down to my lips as she continues to trace my features. My heart swells in my chest; I was just doing the same to her. I almost playfully nip her finger to startle her, but I decide not to. I want to be selfish some more, to bask in the feeling and savor this moment.

Aurelia presses her hand to my cheek, and with this touch, it's though I can feel her warmth course directly through me, filling me up entirely with her light.

I can't wait any longer; I'm dying to see her face. I open my eyes, causing Aurelia to jump as she pulls her hand back. I meet her eyes, and hers soften. They seem lighter this morning, almost like the color of brown sugar.

And god, was this sight better than my expectations — just as I thought, she's absolutely stunning in the mornings. Her hair is laid over her shoulder, her eyes bright and wide. Her cheeks are flushed pink, the same pink to match the shade of her lips. I give her a smile, and she gives me the sweetest one in return.