7. got me mystified

🎵Waiting for a Girl Like You — Foreigner
🎵Mystified — Fleetwood Mac

This is absolutely absurd, even for me.

Especially for me, I should say.

I've had near run-ins with stalkers of the sorts and wild-eyed fans before that have made me uncomfortable and even fear for my safety. But this?

This certainly exudes the fact that I might have stalker-like tendencies. And if that isn't frightful, well, I don't know what is.

Though, I wouldn't particularly call it stalking. I just wanted to surprise her...even if it meant that I knew she had the night shift; even if it meant I waited until it was two in the bloody morning to come surprise her outside of the bar.

Aurelia Moon Bardot — I'd now had the privilege of knowing her full name, and fuck, if it isn't just as pretty as she is. I've never met a woman named after the moon, but it makes sense; her radiance seems to shine brighter than the light of the moon, already in the little time that I've known her.

After she told me about her fascination of the moon, it only added to the list of things that I liked about — a list, I might add, that was getting quite long. I've always had my own allure toward the moon, though it may not be as deep as her and her mum's, but I've found myself looking up at the sky to see just how big the moon would be at night.

It only makes sense, that I'm also fascinated by Ella.

My thoughts are interrupted when the door to The Crimson Lounge is pushed open, and I'm met with the sight of the woman who's been circling my mind. I find myself holding my breath, enamored by the mere sight of her.

She walks quickly, too quickly, and I barely get the time to even call out to her. I'm forced to turn the engine on, sparking the Range Rover to life, and drive after her.

Fuckin' hell, this is only further fueling my stalker-like tendencies.

This really gives me a bad rep.

She turns the block, but I quickly reach over my for my cellphone, my thumbs typing a quick text.

To: Aurelia 🌙
Walk a bit slower, will you?
2:08 a.m.

I see Ella stop in her tracks, reaching for her cellphone in her purse. She quickly flits through it as I bring the Range to a slow stop. I can see the moment in clicks in her head, and she slowly turns around to face the car, her little brows furrowed in the cutest way.

I roll down the windows as I call out, "You're a little speedy one, aren't you, Aurelia?"

I nearly want to face-palm and retreat back into the car. This is so fucking creepy of me.

What's gotten into you, Styles?

I hardly ever lose my cool like this around someone I'm attracted to. This is quite embarrassing, really.

You know those scenarios that you play over and over in your head at night while you try to fall asleep? Of the most embarrassing moments of your life thus far?

I can already see myself playing this one in my mind tomorrow night.

"Well, come in now, before any roaming paparazzi finds us," I add, and this further fuels my embarrassment.

Creepy. So fucking creepy.

I force a grin onto my face, despite me wanting to cringe with my own words, awaiting Ella's response. It's hard to see the color of her eyes in the dark of the night, but they seem to look at me in wonder. Her brows are still narrowed.