Chapter 21: Work is Never Done

A couple months pass by, and it was a sunny day at the rift. Elk walks around and looks over the railing that was near the beach. He sighs as he rests his head in his arms, and behind him the sound of hooves was heard and Elk smiles, "I know it's one of you two." He lifts his head to see Divoky smiling at him, and he chuckles, "Were you trying to scare me like you and Aldara used to do when you were kids?" Divoky shrugs, "Maybe." Elk shakes his head, smiling and Divoky holds a screwdriver, "Aldara and I are ready to learn more of the basics. Well, because the rift is on the fritz." He tries to twirl it but it slips out of his hand and drops to the ground. Elk picks it up and hands it to him, then they go to the rift portal, and Aldara was waiting for them, the panel door on one of the hands was open. 

Elk and the twins stand on their hind legs and he shows them the parts, "This part has a screw, and sometimes it can come loose." He takes it out and shows them, and hands it to Divoky, "Tighten it up and I'll show your sister the next thing while you do that." Divoky takes the screwdriver and tightens the screw and Elk shows Aldara some other nuts and bolts, and teaches her how to turn them and make sure they're tight. Divoky shows Elk the piece and he nods, "There you go." He lets his son place the piece back and the rift turned blue again and they get back on their hooves. Elk places his hands on his hips, "Look at you two. Professional rift workers already." Aldara giggles, "Beginners? Yeah, but professional? Still learning though." 

Divoky looks at the rift, and shakes his head, "So what about the... other side?" Elk points up and the key was back in its place, "The key controls both sides, so if one side is on the fritz, so it the other." Divoky stares at the key, remembering the power it had and what it did and Elk places a hand on his shoulder, "Hey, don't worry. The key's not going to hurt you and no one is going to touch it again." Divoky smiles and he hears Jesse calling him, and he joins him, "Hey, what's up?" He kisses Jesse's cheek and Jesse smiles, "Nothing much, just Adalie was wondering where you guys were, and if it was safe to go through because there's some people that got business."

Elk nods, "It's fine now. These two pros got it done." Aldara laughs, "With your help." Elk smiles, "Just make sure they don't bring anything alive with them. If you know what I mean." Jesse chuckles, "Aren't they alive?" He laughs and Elk shakes his head, "Yes they are. That was a joke." Jesse laughs, "Wow, I didn't get it but it pretty funny." Elk smiles, "At least someone thought it was funny." Adalie walks over to them, "There's my hard workers." Elk kisses her and she hugs the twins, and some humans go back through the rift back to the human world and Divoky looks back at the rift, "Dad?... Maybe sometime we can, maybe explore the human world?.. Get a better look at it than what we had before?" Elk nods, "Sure, that's fine. I'm sure even Jesse could give us a tour?" 

Jesse nods, "Yeah I can. Not much is interesting about the human world, but I don't mind at all." Adalie smiles and ruffles her son's hair, and Aldara motions them, "Come on, the rift worker's work is never done." Elk looks at her, "Hey that's my line." She laughs and the family walk together as humans and centaurs continue to talk, walk around, and there was once again peace in both worlds, and all was at rest once more.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The End

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all so much for reading "Heirs of Nowhere."  The final book of the "Change of Nowhere" trilogy. I hope you all loved the stories and enjoyed every bit of it. I will be catching up on my other books, and making more soon, maybe another AU with Adalie and Elk, who knows? 

Be sure to check out my other stories, and be on the look out for an upcoming fanfic crossover, and some more AU's ahead. I had a lot of fun writing the trilogy and I'll add more art to the books in the future, but again, thank you all so much for reading the "Change of Nowhere" trilogy, and be sure to let me know what you guys thought and feel free to ask questions.

I love you all so much. Have a great day/afternoon/night!

Love, WinterFloof04