Chapter 11: Split Ends

Keres examines the key and looks up at the twins, who look back at her with fear. She looks down at the key, and she holds her hand up to turn the sphere, but she stops. She glances over at Elk, who was staring at her back, anger filled his eyes and Hadeon interrupts, "Keres? Are we ready or not?" She closes her eyes and she walks over to him and leans down to him, "You may not remember much of what you've done... but I do..." Elk looks at her with confusion and she stares at him dead cold, "I remember how you looked at me as I held him in my arms... watching him die from your minotaurs..." She stands upright and walks back to the key, "Maybe your little horse friend might try her luck and find out the truth with that backstory magic, maybe then you'll remember. But now... let's watch your children become your biggest fear."

Elk growls and struggles in the ropes, and Keres looks at the twins and sighs, "Let the beast within find a way of it's own... your bodies can no longer be it's home." She turns the sphere and the key glows bright and it begins to spin. The twins struggle to run, but the ropes held them and soon the key spins faster and faster and glows brighter. Soon, a bright green beam shoots towards them and hits Divoky and Aldara, and they grunt in pain as the magic does something. The Woman reaches her hand out the cage, but her magic was being held back and tears fall down her face, "NO!" It was so bright, everyone covered their faces, then the beam disappeared and there was silence.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Elk was the first to open his eyes and he had a look of horror when he saw what had happened to the twins. There were two humans, and two animals side by side, and what seemed to be a deer but with the body of a horse and hooves of an elk looks at him, Elk widens his eyes and the horse one with the body of an elk and hooves of a horse looks at him as well. Adalie's eyes water when she saw her children and the two humans were nude, and they look around before looking at the two centaurs with shock. Elk's eyes water as he shakes his head, seeing Keres had done the most crucial thing.... she had split the twins apart from their animal halves and human halves.

Keres stares at them and she looks at the key and Adron flies over to her, "We're not done yet." She looks at him and he looks back at Elk, "Remember what you wanted to do next after splitting them?" Keres nods, "Of course. Just..." Adalie uses magic to cover the twins' human halves with their cloaks and the animal halves sniff them and walks over to the humans. Keres walks to Elk and lifts her talon, gently making a small cut from his cheek and takes a drop of his blood, then brings it back to the key. Rider watches and turns to the woman, "What is she doing?" The Woman watches in horror, "Blood magic... the most dangerous magic of all..." Keres places the blood onto the key, and it makes a deep humming, the green glow gets darker and black ooze droplets float around it. 

Ropes grab the smaller elk's antlers and smaller horse's ankles, holding them in place, making them freak out. Elk muffles and Adalie struggles, "What are you doing?!" Keres shuts her eyes tight, holding back tears and she goes to turn the sphere again, but the Woman tries to stop her, "Keres, think about this! This magic is too strong, even for you! You could kill them!" The griffontaur watches the animals struggle, and Horse speaks, "Look, I can see you don't want to do this. Please reconsider..." Keres bares her teeth and turns the sphere and the hum grows louder and the key glows brighter, and another beam mixed with the ooze shoots to the animals, hitting them with full force and everyone covers their eyes. There was a huge flash before everything was silent again.

.

.

.

.

.