Chapter 7: Falling in Love

After everyone was ready, Elk heads out with Adalie and the twins to the rift. Once they got there, Divoky looks around, mostly for Jesse, and Elk notices, "Who are you looking for kiddo?" Divoky jumps, "Um.. w-well-" "Divoky!"  Divoky looks around and sees Jesse waving near some booths and Divoky waves back, "Hey Jesse." Elk looks at his son and he smiles, "Who's that?" Divoky blushes from embarrassment, "J-Just someone I met yesterday." He walks quickly and Aldara goes to Elk and whispers, "He's in love with him." Elk's eyes widen and he smiles, "I'm so glad I didn't miss this. My boy is in love. With a human." Aldara giggles, "It's also a boy." Elk raises his eyebrows, "Hm." He smiles as he watches Divoky talk to the human, and he chuckles, "Good to see him happy." Adalie walk over to the two, "Hello." Jesse smiles, "Hi. I'm guessing you're Divoky's mother?" Adalie nods and introduces Elk, "And this is my husband his father, Elk."

Jesse shakes Elk's hand, "It's great to meet you all. Divoky and I met yesterday, so not much to say." He chuckles and Elk smiles at the boy, "So, how do you like Centaurworld?" "Oh, it's incredible! So much to see and learn." Elk smiles at him and they chat for a while, Aldara giving Divoky a smug smile, and Divoky blushes from more embarrassment, giving her a look and mouths, "Quit it." She giggles and teases him, "You like him." Divoky crosses his arms and frowns, "I just... I just think he seems like a really nice person, and really nice and... pretty cute." His sister nudges him, smirking and his face turns red. Elk looks over and he smiles at the twins. Adalie giggles and looks at Jesse, "Well, Jesse, would you and your family like to join us for dinner today?" Jesse smiles back, "I'm sure we'd love too. I might ask my aunt and uncle if they want to just in case." Adalie smiles, "Well, if they say yes, we'll see you soon. We live in a small village about a mile. It's not hard to find. Just find cottages, a few fields next to a winding river." 

Jesse nods, "Thank you. So this evening sounds fine?" She nods and Jesse picks up he cart he had, "Thanks again. Um... I do need a little help finding some stuff for my aunt and uncle while they're at a cattle showing." "We'll be happy to help if you'd like." Elk smiles at him and Jesse smiles, "Thank you." Aldara gently pushes Divoky, "Divoky can help." Divoky blushes and Jesse chuckles, "Well, come on then Divoky." He pushes his cart and Aldara pushes Divoky's behind to follow until he gets his himself to walk on his hooves and he follows Jesse. Elk watches and chuckles, "Don't go too crazy you two." "Dad!" Divoky covers his face, embarrassed,  and Elk laughs, "Stay safe!" He joins Adalie and she smiles, "Awww. Our little boy is falling in love." 

They walk around while Divoky was helping Jesse, and Elk looks around. Some memories were coming back to him, and he looks over the rail that looks over the beach. He walks over and leans over it, the sounds and smell of the ocean makes Elk smile and Adalie rubs his back gently, "You alright love?" He nods, "Just walking down memory lane." She smiles and leans next to him, and they both watch, not knowing a figure was watching them, and it quickly walks away to look for a certain someone.

.

.

.

.

.