Chapter 18: One Last Talk

Elk walks over to the griffontaur, "I thought-" "No, I am dead. I just... wanted to have one last talk." Elk sighs, looking at the ground, "I'm sorry for all the pain I caused you years ago..." Keres looks down as well, "I'm sorry I forced you to fight your children." Elk looks back at her, "You could've fought me. What was the purpose of hurting the twins?" Keres sighs and walks of and Elk follows her and she speaks, "I thought trying to somehow make you relive your past by making you see familiar events, or sort of familiar events, it might... I don't know, weaken you in someway.." She crosses her arms and Elk walks over, "And taking what I love... like I took what you loved. Which was your brother..." Keres looks down, "My family always taught to forgive someone, because you never know what it could do for them... that day I forgot how to forgive because I was filled with grief and rage, that I lost myself... and all I wanted was to make you suffer and hurt."

Elk stops and he looks at her, "Perhaps you and I aren't so different... we both made people suffer and we both paid the consequences for our actions." Keres turns to him, "You were fighting with yourself for decades. All I was doing was hunting and stalking you like a predator hunting its prey. When I saw that you had children, in my mind I felt like taking them, and then killing you can give me an opportunity to progress the magic so they would get used to it like you did, but your ex wife, that horse and her human friend came to their rescue." Elk backs up, "Look, I get it. You were tying to find every possibility to hurt me for hurting you, and you chose my children." He follows her as she continues walking, "And the minotaurs, you brought them back so I could remember when I created them? Splitting the twins to remind me of when I split myself? Corrupting their animal halves like mine did?" 

"What do you think? You do the math." Keres faces him and they stare face to face, both now filled with anger. Elk stares down at her, "You wanted me to put you out of your misery, and I did. You don't need to recite what your intentions were to do to me, you're free now. I forgave you like your father did. You can reunite with him ad your brother... isn't that what you wanted?" "It is.... But I don't know how to let go of this guilt.. How did you even do it?..." Elk looks at the ground and he sighs, "I forgave myself... not everyone forgives me for wat I did. But you have to forgive yourself so the guilt can be released." Keres looks at her hands and there was a small light and she looks back at Elk, "How do I even start?..." Elk watches her, "Make amends is all you can do and let go." She gives a soft smile to him and she walks to the light, and Elk was left in the dark before he felt something shake him from the real world, and he walks away, looking back as he sees Keres reunite with her father and brother and he opens his eyes to get back to reality.

.

.

.

.

.