Chapter 12: Darkness in the Sky

There was a scream and everyone looks, and Adalie was screaming, tears falling down her ace and she covers her mouth. Elk looks and he pulls hard on the ropes, and everyone saw. What was left of the two animals were now just skulls of an elk and a horse. The Woman covers her mouth and looks at Keres, "What have you done?... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!"She covers her face, crying and Keres walks to the skulls, horrified herself and Hadeon speaks, "Was that supposed to happen?" Keres tries to find her voice, "I... I don't know.." There was a snap and Elk rushes at her, pushing her to the ground and she snarls as he had his hands around her throat, "I'M GONNA KILL YOU!!" She snaps her teeth at him and then Adron speaks, stopping them, "Hey, how come they aren't dead?"

Elk looks at the twins' human halves and they were in horror of what they witnessed and Elk's eyes widen with sheer terror, "Oh no..." Adron flies to the skulls, kicking one gently with his foot, "If you kill one, you kill the other. So... does that mean-" Before he finished, black ooze began seeping through the ground around the skulls and from the covered rubble. The crowtaur looks closer at the skulls, and two glows flash from the eye sockets, causing him to fly back. The elk skull's eye sockets had a purple glow while the horse one had a green and soon the ooze surrounds both, lifting them off the ground together, before seeping into the muck. There was a low growl coming from the mess and six pairs of legs, three elk hooves and three horse hooves and the tail splits into two, and the skulls merge rom the dark goop together, as if the beings were merged together.

The skulls stare at everyone before one throws up some of the goop and the other does the same before facing back, and it looks directly at Elk and Keres, the sound of cracking bones was heard as the skulls tilt their heads to them. Elk gets up, looking at what was made and he slowly reaches his hand out. The creature gets close to him and the elk skull speaks, "Is this what you went through?....Father?... All this pain?..." Elk's eyes water and he touches both of the skulls, "I'm so sorry..." Keres gets up and she looks at the creature, "All hail the Nowhere Prince and Princess." The minotaurs kneel down and the two headed creature looks around, "What?..." Elk glares at Keres, "Change them back! Now!" She looks at him, "Like looking in the mirror, am I right?" Elk growls, "The twins did NOTHING to you! I never wanted something like this to happen!" The creature looks at him, and finds a small water puddle and sees its reflection, "We're... We're a monster..." Adalie's ropes release and she runs to the two skulls, "No no, don't see yourself that way.." It rejects her hands and flies into the air, staring at Keres, "What have you done to us?!" 

Keres holds the sword towards them, "Making your father suffer like he made me suffer!" Divoky's human half grabs one of the minotaur's swords and runs towards her, yelling. She growls and stops him with magic, before lifting him up and throwing him down hard, nearly knocking him out. While she was distracted, Aldara's human half grabs the key, and it turns into the staff, but it was completely different. She pants as Keres starts walking to her, "Give me that thing and no one will get hurt." The girl shakes and she aims it, making it shoot a beam that hits Keres and she growls in pain. The Woman manages to use some of her magic to break the cage and the ropes biding Horse and her herd and runs to Aldara's human half and takes the staff, "Grab your brother and get to your parents now!" She nods and helps him up and runs to Elk and Adalie, who were with the two headed creature. The minotaurs attack and the Woman keeps them off as long as she could, "Let's go!" 

They all retreat as the minotaurs run after them and Keres's body had corrupted as well, but not as much and she watches, growling. They get a far enough distance before losing the minotaurs and walk to the village and Divoky's human half speaks, "What are we going to do?" He looks at the Woman, "Are you able to change us back?" She shakes her head, "Too risky. I don't want anymore damage to occur to you both." She touches his cheek, wiping away a tear and he hugs her, and she gently pets his hair. Once they got back, Emilia and Josiah saw the twins and were in shock, and Horse explained to them what happened. The two headed creature lays on the ground, a small snarl leaves the skulls and Elk lays with them, "Shhh... it's gonna be okay. I promise. We're going to fix this." He pets the bones and the creature lays its heads on his elk back and makes a small purr, hoping that he was telling the truth that things were going to get better.

.

.

.

.

.