Chapter 17: Home

Elk and Adalie carry the twins on their backs and joins Horse and her herd. Horse looks at Elk, "She really wanted to die?..." He nods, "She wanted to be at rest, to be reunited with her family again... so I gave her what she wanted." Horse looks at the ground and looks at the twins, "Do you think they'll be okay?" Elk looks at Aldara, who was unconscious on his back, "I don't know... their bodies couldn't handle that much power all at once... But I'm just happy they're still alive.." Horse sighs, "Let's go home, I'm sure we all need some rest." Rider points at Hadeon and Adron, who were standing at Keres's grave, "What about them?" Adalie looks, "It's probably best to leave them be... Let them mourn." They watch for a little longer before walking back to the main part of Centaurworld and head back to the village.

It was dark when the herd arrived back at the village, and Elk looks back at the twins as they were still out. Emilia and Josiah were waiting and they see the herd and run to them, greeting their family. They get the twins inside, covering their bruises and other wounds and lay them down in their room. Elk and Adalie stay in the twins' rooms until the sun shined over the village, neither of them got any sleep. Adalie starts closing her eyes when there was a knock on the door and she staggers up onto her hooves and walks to the door, yawning. She opens it just a little and sees a familiar face and she opens the door all the way, "Jesse, what are you doing here?" Jesses looks up at her, "Well, I came early from home because I wanted to talk to Divoky about something. And... are you alright? You seem.. tired." 

Adalie rubs her eyes, "Yeah, we got home very late last night because something happened to Divoky and Aldara. Elk and I couldn't sleep at all last night. Why don't you come in?" She lets Jesse in and he sits down as she closes the door and he asks, "Are they okay?" Adalie nods, "Just resting." Elk walks out, very tired as well and he could barely walk. Jesse gets up, "I can watch them, I don't mind. You and your husband can get some sleep and I can let you know if they wake up." Adalie smiles, "You're very sweet." Jesse helps Adalie and Elk to their room and the two lay down to sleep and Jesse quietly goes into Divoky and Aldara's room and sits next to Divoky, petting his hair. Divoky groans and he lifts his head, opening his eyes and when he saw Jesse there, he felt his cheeks fluster, "J-Jesse! I didn't know you.. you were here." Jesse smiles, "Yeah, I wanted to just visit for a while, and your mom told me something happened." 

Divoky sits up, rubbing the back of his neck, "Yeah, but we're okay now." He looks at the human boy and scoots closer, and Jesse smiles at him, "I feel like you want to tell me something." Divoky blushes more, "W-Well... to be honest, I had a great time hanging out with you for that time. And that I really like being around you. Like...I like you." Jesse looks at him, "Like a friend or-" "No, like I like you like you." Jesse blushes and he smiles, "I like you like you too." Divoky looks up at him, "Even if I'm a centaur and a hybrid?" Jesse touches his cheek, "I don't care what you are. You're perfect just how you are to me and your family." Divoky smiles and Jesse scoots closer, laying on Divoky's side and he wraps his arms around the human. Meanwhile, Elk and Adalie were asleep and Elk wakes up back in the void, looking around and expecting his two halves, but it was actually someone else. He sees the figure and it was actually Keres walking towards him.

.

.

.

.

.