CH12. ♙b3 ♛e8

Começar do início

I close my mouth, and Sebastian chuckles before continuing, "Angelo Mio, I will say that you concealed your feelings very well, and only once was I able to see past your well-constructed walls."

Sebastian reaches out and takes one of my hands in his. I'm too focussed on what he's about to say that I let him continue. "But that's not what I'm interested in right now, well, at least not at present."

He grins, and I can't help but hold my breath. "What I want to know, Angelo Mio, is why you're here, and Erin is not?"

There's so many lies I could tell him to avoid the truth, but I choose my default and remain silent.

Sebastian hums to himself and turns my hand until its palm up.

I shiver when he runs a gloved thumb up the middle, stopping at the end of the faint line marred into my flesh, then retracing his movement back down to run along its length.

Sebastian tilts his head and then repeats the action, "Do you know that a person's palm can share so many secrets?

I swallow.

"For instance, this line here," Sebastian moves his finger to follow a line between my index finger and thumb across my hand until it stops at the other side. "See this line. It's called a headline and shines a light on our intellectual curiosities and pursuits. It can also reveal the lessons we must learn in this lifetime." Sebastian pauses and tilts my hand ever so slightly, "Do you know what yours tells me?"

I shake my head, and his grin widens. "It shows me the complexity of your mental pursuits. Your never one to sit idle, are you?"

I shake my head and release a small breath, letting out the air I didn't know I was holding onto.

"No, Angelo Mio, you are far more intelligent than others give you credit," Sebastian moves his hand and runs a finger along a line just above the headline.

I inhale again and hold my breath.

"Now, this one. Hmmm, this little one here is the love line. It governs all heart matters, including romance, friendship, sex," Sebastian drawls out that word, and I feel warmth in my stomach as his energy flares, "and lastly, commitment."

Sebastian lifts his eyes to meet mine, and I see red sparks flare in his irises. "Your journey will not be smooth, Angelo Mio, I see several breaks, but your line is strong."

Sebastian shifts his fingers again and returns to the scar, "And this one, this one is most important," my chest constricts from the lack of air as I wait for what he's about to say, "This one, Angelo Mio, tells me why you are here and not your sister."

He knows...

I attempt to remove myself from Sebastian's grip, but he holds me firmly and lifts his other hand to his mouth, using his teeth to tug off his glove. My heart rate increases, but not in fear. I'm caught between fascination and relief, tired of having to hide what I am.

Sebastian hovers his now bare hand over mine, his eyes seeking permission.

Would it be that bad? Would he feel different than Alexander?

I know from Oтец's notes that he was unable, or the better word would be, refused to test this theory with Máthair. But he believed a bonded woman could receive the touch of other elements without feeling pain. He theorized that the bond allowed the elemental and his bonded to share the same energy signatures. As other elementals can have skin-to-skin contact, their bonded would also share the same ability.

However, I already know that I could've done this without the bond given my past.

I bite the inside of my cheek, then open my mouth, "Y-"