maya meets the unreasonable

Start from the beginning

"maybe?" maya wasn't sure, "we could invite her mom too."

"okay!" riley was excited already, and she and paige haven't even interacted that much.

"yaaay." maya answered flatly, "why are we always in school so early?" she pushes the door open as they walk into the school. "paige is early too. and zay is there-" maya saw him with paige and immediately ran up towards then.

"hey." maya stood beside the girl, leaning her back against the locker.

"maya!" riley gasps, "geez."

"maya. dang." zay's eyes were wide from the loud slam he heard when maya suddenly appeared and laid against the metal. "sup?" she wiggled her brows, responding nonchalantly.

they head to class and unsurprisingly, farkle and smackle were already seated in at their seats. "oh look, there you two are."

"ha ha." farkle mocked back.

"hi, paige." smackle greeted.

"hello." paige smiled a little as she replied, taking her seat beside maya. "she didn't say hi to me." zay sulked as a joke. "ha ha." smackle teased him. "wow, you two are perfect for each other." zay commented. "that has already been established, zay." farkle spoke in his usual tone.

"okay." cory has arrived, "woah, maya. you're on time."

"yes, matthews. what's the matter with that?"

"nothing." cory was always had moments where he was afraid of an angry maya- and those moments were a treat for the class. it never fails to make them laugh.

"today's assignment."

the class groaned. except for farkle who went, "yay."

"find out the history of a dish, then make it and bring it to class."

"i'm sorry, is this home ec or history class?" maya was shocked. "well, a bit of both," cory shrugs, "i'm not deciding who's going to be your partners, but you guys are going to do that by picking a name out of this box.

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

"you guys picked the names out of a box and yet still end up with those you usually work with." cory complains exaggeratedly.

"fate, matthews." maya glances at the brunette, sneakily flashing a smile.

she saw cory smile, "your deadline is friday."

"it can be any dish?"

"yep. as long as all criteria is met." cory whips out a stack of papers. "ughhh." maya groans dramatically, "probably shouldn't have asked."

"either way, you all would've still gotten the paper." cory shrugs. at this moment, she hears a chuckle come from paige's direction. she's never even talked unless a teacher called upon her, let alone come close to a laugh. obviously, this catches the attention of the blonde- she casts her a glance and a soft smile. and, paige smiled back.

'dang this feeling in my stomach. what the heck?'

"what are you guys making?" riley asks enthusiastically. "i don't- we don't know yet, riles. we literally just got out of class. paige, do you have any i-"