Chapter 1: Hello, My Lady

Start from the beginning

You heard a small click but ignored it due to sheer internal panic while trying to stuff your notes and other essentials into your black bag.

After rushing a shower, brushing hair along with your teeth, and quickly changing into your outfit for the day. Running out of your apartment door, making sure to lock it 'I can make it! I'm gonna make it!' You internally screamed in your head as you tried to slip on your crop cut black jacket as you ran down the stairs. Heading on over to your violet duel runner with a black helmet. It was an old model but you fixed it up whenever you had time off from your job. Hopping on, you drove off to head over to the Tsukumo residents.

20 minutes later, you made it.

Luckily traffic during this particular morning wasn't entirely bad.

You took in a deep breath as you got off your duel runner and set the helmet on the seat. You were greeted by an elder lady with round perky cheeks who was sweeping the walkway of her house "Oh" she perked at the sight of you and gave a sweet closed eyed smile "Good morning (Y/n), Kari is inside. Yuma will be excited to see you too. He has been so eager to duel you again, maybe you both can before he heads off to school." She cooed with a giggle. You laughed lightly to her words "You mean he is ready to lose against me again Mrs. Haru." You boast as you walk past her to head inside their home. Spotting Kari's auburn head in the living room you were walking over to, she spun around to you with a light huff "Finally! You're here (Y/n)! This article is not going to be finished by the deadline tomorrow morning if you keep me on edge like this!" Kari had on her duel gazer on her left eye which was white but with an orange glass gazer but hers was slimmer unlike Yuma's which was a thicker white outline mixed with a few yellow streaks and a little blue but his gazer's glass was green.

Kari looked like she was on her 5th cup of coffee as she was refilling her cup when you arrived."Well, I forgot to set my alarm last night. Sorry." You went to sit beside her as you took out your duel gazer which was sharp like Yuma's but it was a purple glass of the gazer and a black thick narrow outline. Once you had it on there were multiple holographs that contained a few documents. You went through your bag and grabbed the few notes you wrote personally down to crack down on this case that you were working on with Kari to expose these particular hackers that were hacking into different trading card companies and holding their new releasing cards hostage until there was a ransom paid. It was going to be major news in Heartland City.

Something fell out of your bag while you were focused on writing for the article on the holographic keyboard you had as you were on one side of the couch with your notes scattered on the other side of the couch. Kari was at her desk which was in a similar scatter like yours as she was typing away like a mad woman. Yuma let out a yell from his room and loud steps and scuffle could be heard from upstairs. It seems he was running late today as well but in his case it was for school. The pink and purple haired middle schooler came running down as he was buttoning up his uniform's top buttons and looked over with his magenta eyes "Oh. Hey (Y/n)." He greeted you then he turned to his older sister with a squint of annoyance "Why didn't you wake me up today!? I have an important duel today during my duel period! I can't afford to be late today!" Kari gave a 'tsk' to him and he growled at her response "Don't 'tsk' me!" Kari finally turned away from her work to look at Yuma "Then don't rely on me to wake you up ya dingus! You should be able to wake yourself up considering you're in middle school!" she spat at him harshly. Yuma flinched at her response but he just pouted afterwards then went to grab some food from the fridge while you tried to hold in your laugh at the two siblings.

For some reason, whenever You see Yuma these days he always has this little light blue orb next to him. It is something you have been able to see ever since he started his first year in middle school. The orb was never there before and yet it is still beside him and you are afraid to tell him anything about it because you do not want to seem crazy or freak the poor kid out. Yuma rummaged through the fridge for a bit and got what he wanted. He went over to the two of you to tell both of you that he was leaving. Only he had stopped when he noticed something shiny over by your bag, he went and picked it up with a look of pure amazement. Yuma tapped your shoulder, You turned your attention to him as his eyes had stars while holding up the thing he picked up "This fell from your bag and it looks so cool! Are you gonna write a scoop about this next?!" He gushed as he found the item super cool.