34.Love

Year 1771

Jaejoon looked like he had came right out of a storm.Tousled hairs barely fitting into the bun and his clothes stained with various substances.

Seokjin wasn't paying attention to him, busy with the dough .He would brush his dark locks out of his eyes every now and then with the back of his hand.

He looks so cute ,all concentrated .In his messy little kitchen.

Jaejoon couldn't help but watch him while leaning against the doorway.

The scene looked so domestic and funny at the same time.Seokjin can cook pretty well.But he is also a mess in the kitchen at the same time.The flying floor against the counter and the cupboards are the proof of it.

"If you are done gawking at me ,please pass me the salt"

Jaejoon complied easily.

"Could you also stop standing there awkwardly and help me ?Not with those dirty hands though"

Seokjin wasn't looking at him ,but he could feel the shifting of Jaejoon's legs from one to another.

He feels the latter peeking from behind and a little smile etched on his lips

"It would have been quick if you weren't busy mending swords .I am surprised you remembered to eat "
Seokjin turns to flick his forehead before going back to his task.

Jaejoon walks into the backyard to clean up.He was starving and the faster he helps Seokjin ,the quicker he will be  able to talk to Seokjin.

They worked in coordination, Seokjin watched in awe how the younger cut the beef.He wasn't any less of a cook himself.

"You have been distracted all the time"
Seokjin quips from his spot before he gets up to drop their plates into the sink.

Jaejoon follows timidly ,rubbing his palms over his trousers .

The latter watches him amusingly.

"Can you follow me ?No wait .You can stay here I will just "

"Joon"
Seokjin stabled his fraying hands and smiles

"What's going on in that pretty head of yours? Do you want to tell me something?"

Jaejoon's heart was beating fast.Its a big step.Too big .He haven't even told Jin how much he loves him.And he is going to do something.He is trying to get himself to do that without messing up.He can't mess this up.All these weeks he had spent ,hiding ,lying to Seokjin .

Today it stops.

"A-are you having thoughts of leaving me or anything ? "
Seokjin asks hesitantly, mind already thinking of the worst possibilities.

Jaejoon has been distant past weeks ,he knows he didn't had any new assignments either.But he also didn't left the home .He knows he is hiding something too.

"Joon?"

He startles when Seokjin shakes him ,demanding .Oh no he looks like he is about to cry.

Great start Jaejoon.

Wait what did he asked ? Is he going to leave him? Leave Seokjin? And where will he go then?

"What are you doing ? "
Seokjin frowns when instead of answering, he was guided out of the kitchen.

"Where are we going ?"

They walked past the main door and Seokjin hated how his brain felt relief.

The latter didn't said anything until they walked into his room.Seokjin chuckles a watery laugh.