18.Binds of mortality

"At last you are here ,Chief Dawoon"
A voice echoed through the walls of a spacious room.

With a soft click ,the lights flooded in the room to reveal a man sitting on the chair with his legs crossed ,staring at the glass wall that was filled with numerous pictures and sticky notes along with marker writings .

"Well with the information I got , this was the fastest I could come.I am after all a human you know "

Heechul chuckles walking to the pinboard that was stucked on the wall ,lips tugging into a smug expression at the Polaroids of burnt ashes.

"Who would have said you were once a scared little boy who lost his parents .Look at you ,successfully marking the point of thirty five Vampire hunts and that too in a span of week "

Dawoon grits ,gripping the arms of the chair tight at the memory.
"I was eighteen."

And stupid.To fall in a trap of Vampire.Stupid enough to lead a vampire to his home.He is the reason his parents died.If only he would have grasped the signs earlier.

Being a son of hunters ,he should have easily identified a Vampire.But Seokjin was pretty ,charming .Who would have thought he was one of the things his parents hunt.The very thing that killed his parents .

"Are you going to start your mission right away? "

"Dawoon? "

Heechul pinched the bridge of his nose and yelled

"If you are done plotting revenge in your head ,might as well start acting on it !"

That brought him out of his daze and he straightens, glancing back at the glass wall where a picture of every family member of Kim were posted.

There was a knock and a muscular guy entered in followed by a woman .

"Ah ,I was waiting for you guys "
Heechul beams walking towards the new arrival.

Dawoon spared a glance at the woman before moving his attention back on the wall.

"Dawoon, he is Sehyung ,the hunter active in Alaska .He will be helping us to locate the Kim's "

Sehyung tipped his head a little to greet back ,his demeanor was cold despite the soft features he displayed.

"I think Dawoon-ssi isn't interested in introductions "
The melodious voice of woman ringed ,making Heechul clear his throat .

Dawoon finally looked up and said in a boring tone

"We all know what you are so skip the intro and tell me do you have the spell ready ?"

Kyung-mi snorts moving close to the chair , her irregular shade of eye color slightly intimidating Dawoon as she leans down to his eye level.

"Listen here you little hunter boy ,I am not to be ordered around.Do you not know what I am capable of ?"

Dawoon stared at her unamused pushing her a little away and chuckles

"I know .But I also know that you are more interested in Sujung than to waste time exhibiting your powers to me or are you ? "

The atmosphere was suddenly heavy ,and Heechul decided to clear the tension before it escalates to something else.

"Now now there's really no bad blood between hunters and witches now is there ? So how about we stop fighting and concentrate on the mission "

"We weren't fighting "
Dawoon and Kyungmi bits back in unison making the rest two groan .

"I have the spell ready, just tell me when are you going to lay the trap ? "
Kyungmi straightens walking to the table where she had placed her duffle bag earlier .