The deserted

"You know, Alura?"

"Hm?"

"I just realized you've never been to the southern water tribe."

The four kids rode on the bison, the sun was near setting, with starving stomachs they tried to distract themselves.

Katara joined the conversation, "Really Sokka? You're just now noticing that she wasn't with Aang at first?"

Sokka held out his hands, shaking them decisively. "No no, I just never really thought about it."

Alura bit the inside of her lip, folding her arms. "Well I'm not sure I'd want to go if it was anything like Bato's tent."

"Hey we know your a vegetarian and all but we gotta stay warm so how!" Sokka threw his hands up.

The Airbender from the front chuckled, turning back to the group.

"Alura it's really not all that bad outside of the igloos."

"Exactly." Katara agreed, ignoring her rumbling stomach. "You're an honorary member now remember? You'll have to go one day."

"I'm sure one day I'll go there with you guys."

The water tribe siblings smiled at her words, until they all were interrupted by aching stomachs.

"Alright Aang this is getting out of hand." Sokka whined, putting a hand over his forehead in mock distress. "I might faint."

"We are all really hungry Aang." Katara looked to him.

Aang crossed his arms, "You guys are putting everything on me. I'm just one kid, why don't you ask Alura? I mean she's the Avatar and older than me."

They all turned to Alura, who sat nearly asleep in the back of the saddle.

"Are you seriously about to sleep?" Katara gaped, kicking the girl's legs.

"Not anymore.." Alura rubbed her eyes, yawning.

"How could you sleep when we're so hungry?!" Sokka inquired incredulously, grasping at his stomach.

"Fine, if you guys are so hungry, let's land here then."

Alura shrugged, leaning on her hand as Katara rolled her eyes.

"There's no way that you aren't hungry."

Her pointed statement causing the Airbender girl to reel back, feeling rather insulted.

"Actually I can go 14 days straight without eating."

Sokka nearly passed out at her words, and Katara widened her eyes.

"It's true." Aang laughed, "back in the temples we'd fast sometimes."

"Was that like a ritual thing? Cuz I wouldn't be able to." Sokka slurred, his head dizzy.

Alura smiled and poked him in his side, causing him to give her a stingy look.

"It was like a way to clear your body, and mind, allowing more spirituality to flow.. you know basic stuff like that." The girl shrugged, causing Aang to nod along with her.

"I could never make it past 10 days."

Katara laughed in disbelief before shaking her head. "How do you do it?"

Alura glanced at her before smirking. "It's simple little lady, just distract your mind."

"Hah!" Sokka pointed, suddenly fully well. "Little lady."

Katara's face felt hot before she shook it off, "Little lady? I'm older than you!"

"So? Time is relative Katara. And if you think about it I'm actually older than you."