Bato of The Water Tribe

Alura was startled awake, sitting up from Appa's paw as she heard sticks gets dropped on the ground.

Sokka glanced up, shushing the girl.

"Relax Alura... It's just me."

Alura stood, rubbing her eyes as she yawned.

Katara still slept, being apparent from her light snoring.

"What are you doing awake? Is something wrong?"

He shook his head, picking at the fire. "Nah, just can't sleep."

She nodded absentmindedly, still half asleep.

Sokka could tell she was tired by the way she stayed in her spot.

"You should go back to sleep though."

He spoke softly to her, as to not awaken her anymore as she fell back onto the large animal's paw.

Subconsciously curling into the airbending boy as he moved closer to her.

Sokka became lost in his thoughts for a few minutes, before hearing a noise behind him.

"Who's there?!"

"Sokka?"

A middle age man stepped from the shadows, wearing water tribe clothing.

"Bato?"

Katara quickly awoken from her slumber, hearing the familiar word.

"Bato!"

Aang stirred, slowly pulling himself up to watch the scene, "Who the what now?"

Alura shook her head, mumbling to herself as she turned the other way, attempting to block the noise.

"Oh sorry Alura..."

Aang watched the water tribe siblings as he slowly caressed the girl's face.

"You're probably going to have to wake up."

She shook her head lazily, still half asleep as she turned to lay on her stomach.

Aang stood from his bison's paw, walking up to announce himself.

"Hi I'm Aang."

The group of three ignored him as they continued to question each other.

"This is no place for a reunion, let's get inside."

The three walked off, Aang watching dishearteningly before calling his bison.

"C'mon Appa."

The bison roared softly, shaking his paw to wake the Airbender girl.

"No Appa... Sleep boy.." she slurred, her voice raspy from sleep.

Appa huffed a breath at her, causing the girl to go rolling in the sand.

Aang snickered from the scene, covering his mouth as the girl spit out sand.

Her eyes shot open, glaring at the bison.

"You could have just asked nicely you know?"

"Young Avatars, it gives me great joy to be in such a legendary presence."

Aang and Alura bowed, the latter shaking her head bashfully.

"Thank you. It's truly an honour to be here."

Alura nodded along with the boy's words, "Yes. If we could help you in any way be sure-"

"Hey bato what smells so good?" Sokka interrupted, paying no attention to his friends behind him.