The Great Divide

So a quick note.

I was actually very excited for this chapter, but I had no idea people hated it so much.

So I made a rearrangement. Which actually worked out better for me.

-author chan

--------------------------------------—----—

"There it is guys. The Great Divide." Aang announced.

We stood at the top of a cliff, looking over a canyon.

I see views like this all the time, on Appa.

"Wow. I could just stare at if forever." Katara was clearly amazed in her tone.

"You do that then." I mumbled before turning back to Appa, using my right hand to hold my staff.

That officially had no bandage, because Sokka gave me the go ahead.

"Ok. I've seen enough." Sokka said monotonously, turning to walk by me.

"How can you not be fascinated Sokka?" Katara questioned. "This is the largest canyon in the world."

"Then I'm sure we'll be able to see it very clearly from the air, while we fly away." He pointed to the sky.

"And what about you Alura, do you also feel that way?"

I looked bored at Katara. "Well the last time we walked, I got drugged. So yeah, I'd prefer to fly."

The wind was very nice today, it'd feel even better on Appa while we flew.

We really shouldn't get involved with these feuding tribes.

Missing our chance to leave was when two very different tribes came looking for the canyon guide.

Oh, and they hate each other. Won't stop arguing.

"You think you two could put your Avatar peace making skills to the test?" Katara asked us as the tribes argued ahead of us.

"I don't know Katara, a fight over chores is one thing. But these tribe have been feuding for over 100 years." Aang replied weakly.

"Katara, we shouldn't get involved." I answered.

I really just don't want to be put on the spot.

She ignored our requests, stepping forward.

"Everyone listen up." The tribes quieted. "My friends here are the Avatars." Her confession causing a collective gasp

"I'm sure if you give them a chance, they can come up with a compromise." She finished, everyone's attention turning to us.

I only enjoy attention on the battlefield, I'm bad with words.

I noticed Aang wasn't saying anything so I stepped forward, gripping onto my staff.

"You could share the travel guide, and go together?" I gulped.

"Absolutely not! We'd rather be taken by the fire nation than travel with those stinking thieves." The Gan Jin leader informed.

"We wouldn't travel with you pompous fools anyway!" The Zhang leader announced angrily.

I slowly stepped back, shaking my head at Aang.

He looked at me, then to the tribes, then back to me, but he looked angry.

"All right, here's the deal!" He stuck out his staff. "Since you guys couldn't compromise with Alura, I'll decide." He pointed to his chest.

"Your all going down there together and Appa will fly your sick and elderly across. Does that seem fair?" He alleged.